When considering in or out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Sudan at the minute, they are charging overseas aid worker £8800 per worker to be in the country....
So why not take a lesson from the brexiters and employ more indigenous workers?
That was why many voted for Brexit, to employ more indigenous workers.
S Sudan does not have the option of a Brexit, but it can use other mechanisms to encourage more employment for indigenous people.

Sponsored Links
Quiting Europe could mean we can quit Eurovision Song Contest, isn't that a good reason for Brexit ?
Noooooo!!
And besides, if Australia can be in it.... mind you, we will probably get even less votes now, if it's possible.

Sponsored Links
Oh look - another ***** who believes the lies he is told.

We were fools to believe you when you said you wouldn't post in the GD again.

We were fools to believe you when you said you wouldn't post in the electrical forum again until winston apologised to you.

Lying BAS-tard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we sell 30.000 of our subjects " down the river" by giving away our Colony Gibraltar so we can leave the EU.

So what's the alternative?
Sit back, not try and let people die?

There is currently another appeal to save yet more starving millions.
These same appeals have been going on for decades, yet we seem no further from keeping the poor buggers at death's door, than we were back then.
However the money is getting spent, it isn't making the people any further away from the next catastrophe, as they were.

No, I don't have the answer either.

These same appeals have been going on for decades, yet we seem no further from keeping the poor buggers at death's door, than we were back then.
However the money is getting spent, it isn't making the people any further away from the next catastrophe, as they were.

There but for the grace of God hey.

Just count ourselves lucky that had the fortune to be born where there is water, less war and the opportunities to make a life for ourselves.

I believe in overseas aid, not just in war-torn countries.. I very much think that a lot of good work is done to try and make countries self-sufficient. I also believe that it creates respect for the UK.
Do you really believe India should receive this overseas aid though? They have a nuclear weapon program, a space program and a fast growing economy. Don't you think overseas aid should go to countries who really need it , rather than a country that (as far as I can see) doesn't ?

Whilst on the subject of "overseas aid" What a strange situation it is.. This government is borrowing money, with one hand and giving it away with the other.

There but for the grace of God hey.

Just count ourselves lucky that had the fortune to be born where there is water, less war and the opportunities to make a life for ourselves.
Water apart, our forebears suffered frequent conflicts, and had little opportunity to better themselves. Did overseas aid relieve that situation back then?

One thing I have noticed with a lot of these appeals and news items on famine etc, Whilst little "Umbajeh" is dying in her mothers arms from malnutrition, her mother is already pregnant with the next death waiting to happen. A stupid situation. Surely these people need either education or some form of contraception?

Do you really believe India should receive this overseas aid though? They have a nuclear weapon program, a space program and a fast growing economy. Don't you think overseas aid should go to countries who really need it , rather than a country that (as far as I can see) doesn't ?

Whilst on the subject of "overseas aid" What a strange situation it is.. This government is borrowing money, with one hand and giving it away with the other.
No, overseas aid should go where it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back