When does a girl become a woman?

AdamW said:
A line from a film which has always stuck in my mind is "any fool with a d*ck can be a father, but it takes a man to raise a child"

Boyz N the Hood...great film

Doesn't it also depend what relative age you are, for instance an eighty year old might not see any problem calling a thirty year old a girl/boy, but a fifteen year old woud probably call them a man/woman.

Age is relative to your own age....the older you get the older you consider to be old (if that makes sense :eek: ) I'm sure there must be ninety year olds thinking people in their seventies are spring chickens :LOL:

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
would anyone be offended if i called them cock? :LOL: (as in Barnsley talk: "ay up cock hows tha doin?")

if you are serious...uh....yes. :eek:

crafty1289 said:
would anyone be offended if i called them cock? :LOL: (as in Barnsley talk: "ay up cock hows tha doin?")

Anyone remember that Rick Mayall joke as Kevin Turvey?

noodlz said:
crafty1289 said:

Anyone remember that Rick Mayall joke as Kevin Turvey?

this is a stretch....but maybe that's how they came up with "what's up Doc"-Bugs Bunny :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
just show "Respect ! " to the girl .....an not banging it on the 1st night after chips
Bl**dy hell I didn't know you were meant to buy them chips as well!

hermes said:
Moz said:
just show "Respect ! " to the girl .....an not banging it on the 1st night after chips
Bl**dy hell I didn't know you were meant to buy them chips as well!

I always thought chips were more than enough! They do say, she can't complain, she had her chips.

noodlz said:
Doesn't it also depend what relative age you are, for instance an eighty year old might not see any problem calling a thirty year old a girl/boy, but a fifteen year old woud probably call them a man/woman.
I think the first instance I recall where I actually thought, "blimey, I'm getting older" was when someone younger than me called me "Sir"..... :cry:

Strange isn't it......most of us feel young, yet we only realise maybe we aren't quite so young when others perceptions of us change.

noodlz
you Sir are a poet ;)
... nice post ....:)
btw
Kevin Turvey...lol

crafty1289
Barnsley ...

the s***hole of Yorkshire ...lol

hermes
nowadays I believe the green light is buying them pints of snakebite an a kebab ...or my mate paul gadd told me ..lol

Ah, someone who remembers Kevin Turvey :LOL:

Less of the Sir, please, Moz ;)

noodlz said:
Boyz N the Hood...great film

Well spotted! :D

Also, it seems you become a "girl" or "boy" again once you are in your 70s... I've heard old people referred to as "old boys" and "old girls".

Also if you're from Texas I guess you stay a "good ole' boy" :LOL:

noodlz
lol
wondered if you would get it ..lol...lol...
Kevin Turvey
an his lil stories ..... very funny

the fore runner to The Young Ones .. Classic Tv but strangely very dated now when repeated on Sky ..poss due too those 80s humour of hating thatcher/yuppies an of course being young helped as well ....
as the 70 generation had the Python humour , 80s was Young ones ...
best was the Univesty challenge one ...

we got good ole boys too....

upper age....referred as guys and gals

thats what i prefer...if given a choice...gal

Sponsored Links
Back