When Does Lockdown End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making ludicrous assumptions about what you think I'm thinking.
I'm not interested in clarifying my position to you because you've proven time and time again, that you simply won't understand irrespective of how much clarifying I try.
Fair enuf Mr Waffler...Obviously you are too pompous and arrogant to accept constructive criticism..Grow up.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
But back to the original topic...

Surely the question should be, when will the 'emergency covid legislation' be repealed?

My best guess is never!

Finally @Bobby Dazzler you are starting to get it. Though you still have it slightly the wrong way around. Someone who dresses in clothes of the opposite sex can be protected as trans, unless they state they aren’t trans.

@ellal I think the plan is it will be gone by the summer. To be fair they did repeal last year’s emergency legislation, but the talk of vaccine passports does take us towards a two tier system.

Last edited:
Fair enuf Mr Waffler...Obviously you are too pompous and arrogant to accept constructive criticism..Grow up.
If you were intellectually capable of providing constructive criticism, I would accept it. As you're not, I won't accept your nonsensical and irrelevant misconstructions of what you think I said, or have not said.
Is that clear enough for you?

But, I'll tell you what, I'll afford you a little more patience than I think you deserve:
If you can find which bit of what I've been saying that suggests to you, that I believe that "a person needs surgery to legally change gender", then maybe I'll continue to discuss the issue with you. If you can't find anything to suggest that I said that, then STFU, and stop making stupid irrelevant comments.
They're not constructive criticism, they're intentional misrepresentations of what I've said. They're stupid, irrelevant and serve only to illustrate your inability to discuss issues on an intellectual level.

To concisely clarify what I'm asking, what makes you think this:
You make it sound like a person needs surgery to legally change gender.

Finally @Bobby Dazzler you are starting to get it. Though you still have it slightly the wrong way around. Someone who dresses in clothes of the opposite sex can be protected as trans, unless they state they aren’t trans.
It's not me, that's finally getting it, it's you.
Let me remind you:
I started by saying that transgender is different from transvestites, one is protected the other isn't:
I meant in a legal sense, it is not illegal to discriminate against someone for their transvestite behaviour.
recent Gender Recognition Act 2004 and UK case law. Cross-dressers, conversely, can expect little legal protection through statutory provision and are adversely affected by the outcomes of case law on dress codes at work.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09589230701563028?journalCode=cjgs20
There has been no legislation since 2007 to change that, and a recent, later legal opinion confirms that.
'tis complete boll*x today. Note the date of the article: 2007

transvestite is a sub-category of transgender with regard to protected characteristics found in for example the Equalities Act 2010
You were wrong. Now at least have the integrity to accept that.
Transvestite is not a sub-category of transgender. Transvestite or crossdressing is not mentioned in section 7 of Equalities Act 2010.
Transvestites are not protected in legislation, as I've been saying from the get-go.
If they are transgender, or transitioning they would not be considered as transvestites.
There is no legal requirement to inform anyone that they are transgender. But if they wanted to benefit from the protection of the legislation, they would need to inform whoever is an interested party that they are transgender, then they would not be considered as transvestites. This could be pre or post discrimination.

So, in short, they are either transgender, or they are transvestites. One is protected, the other is not.
Therefore it is not illegal to discriminate against someone for their transvestite behaviour.
And
transvestite is not a sub-category of transgender.

Last edited:
constructive criticism.
What, in the world, leads you to believe that your comments are constructive criticism.
It's pure verbose, irrelevant nonsense .
Try it Robbo ..Wear your stockings suspenders wig and heels when you walk out for your croissant today.

:rolleyes:...Dont hold your breath.

How many centuries do you think we should go back?

You decide the content then?I thought you more a democratic? Everybody has a value and contribution to make Razzler???You cannot help yourself with your pompous train of thought.

Cross dressing Bikers on Harleys!...Now THAT would be a laugh!

Razzler is getting well into this "" trading insults"" caper..

Neither was I...Lighten up ..FFS

Why...you never do..

Yes...we know...Spare us the nauseating clever sht nonsense every post you make.

If you think I have the inclination to wade through your verbose irrelevant nonsense to see if there's a spark of intelligent debate hiding in there somewhere, you over-estimate my patience.

I must apologise, I was mistaken when I said you were getting it. Transgender is the umbrella and can include the behaviour of cross dressing as well as being transsexual.

someone who cross dresses can be protected by the act. It’s about how they identify, not how you categorise them. You keep saying a cross dresser is not protected. They can be.

there aren’t many other ways I can try to explain this. So I’ll derail the thread no further.

I must apologise, I was mistaken when I said you were getting it. Transgender is the umbrella and can include the behaviour of cross dressing as well as being transsexual.

someone who cross dresses can be protected by the act. It’s about how they identify, not how you categorise them. You keep saying a cross dresser is not protected. They can be.
Yes they can be, if they identify as being transgender (or transitioning). In which case they are not transvestite.
I will keep saying that transgender are protected, transvestites are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back