When Does Lockdown End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that muppet....... but some people are a bit more........... backward than others

Sponsored Links
We need a halal friendly vaccine............ or maybe a national advertising campaign stating people of colour MUST NOT TAKE THE VACCINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Then we'd see a big increase in take up I suspect.

When the dust has settled (Which it hopefully will) will we have done worse or better than most countries at fighting Covid19?

This is an incredibly tricky question!

In general, worldwide we are all doing the same set of things things to combat the virus, but we have seen variance in case numbers and transmissions.

Why are we seeing such a large difference in spread between various countries and even in the US between neighbouring states?

It could very well be the case that there are unknown genomic, or other factors that massively change how the diseases spreads and therefore any country based comparisons are very hard to get right even with accurate data.

For instance initial studies suggest a much stronger innate cellular immunity against covid in areas with high local populations of bats.

In Florida there was a very large spike of cases that then dissipated after 2 weeks, unlike all surrounding areas.

These will be discussed for a very long time and it is very hard to make fair country to country comparisons with such large unknowns.

However there could be one obvious "takeaway" from the situation and the data is already there: to have a generally healthier population! - how that difficult task is achieved is the next challenge!

I'm sure the Chinese communist party are completely open to advise on behaviour & eating habits.

Sponsored Links
We need a halal friendly vaccine............ or maybe a national advertising campaign stating people of colour MUST NOT TAKE THE VACCINE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Then we'd see a big increase in take up I suspect.

Or sell it on the streets.

Sad but true.... Where is the sense of people from certain community's, who happen to be more susceptible from the covid to refuse to take a vaccine ? I just can't get my head around it.
One thing for sure is once it's all over, channel 4 will put out a program stating racism towards bame community's from indigenous white folk will be responsible. Same with Windrush......... apparently it's all the conservatives fault that Jamaicans didn't bother applying for residence within the 50 years that they had the opportunity to

Polio is still in Pakistan afaik one of only 2 countries

due to there suspicion of vaccination

so not much chance of sorting out this COVID caper there ?

so not much chance of sorting out this COVID caper there ?

There was a piece on the radio last night, suggesting that not many covid deaths in Africa are being recorded as covid deaths, they mostly don't even bother checking, it said. Later independent samples, proved that many cases were being missed.

The really worrying thing is that it "could" create a sort of apartheid where vaccinated community's could be afraid to let children etc mix with non vaccinated communities. Their ignorance will only form more divisions. Multiculturalism........ what could go wrong eh?

:) I noticed the side effects from having an AZ vaccine 2 1/2 weeks after having it - when they ended. LOL the onset must have been slow. Wife is much the same.

This is an incredibly tricky question! In general, worldwide we are all doing the same set of things things to combat the virus, but we have seen variance in case numbers and transmissions. Why are we seeing such a large difference in spread between various countries and even in the US between neighbouring states?
That's precisely the question I'm wondering about!
It could very well be the case that there are unknown genomic, or other factors that massively change how the diseases spreads and therefore any country based comparisons are very hard to get right even with accurate data. For instance initial studies suggest a much stronger innate cellular immunity against covid in areas with high local populations of bats. In Florida there was a very large spike of cases that then dissipated after 2 weeks, unlike all surrounding areas. These will be discussed for a very long time and it is very hard to make fair country to country comparisons with such large unknowns. However there could be one obvious "takeaway" from the situation and the data is already there: to have a generally healthier population! - how that difficult task is achieved is the next challenge!
So on balance do you think we were too late to enter into lockdown as compared to Italy, France, Germany and Spain? I'm interested in a direct comparison with European countries with similar economical situations as us and similar population size, culture and are close to each other
As it stands now does it look like we've done much worse overall?

The U.K. problem has probably been a number of factors.

- good healthcare for older people shifting the demographic
- high diabetic/obese population
- cold damp climate
- international travel hub
- densely populated country
- high ethnic diversity

with hind sight we could have shut the borders and largely escaped. But at the time, I didn’t support the lockdowns and still think we should be easing faster.

our lockdown was not that different to france, Spain, Italy etc. And Germany has been hit by wave two at the same rate as everyone else pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back