When was the day you realised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When was the day you realised that life was not a bed of Roses.

I was 11 years old when I bumped into this young lad the same age as me.

He called me names that I never knew existed, but knew they were not friendly words. It more than likely was the first time I ever experienced bullying.

He intimidated me. That was the summer of 78. On starting senior school that September I was horrified to find that he was attending the same school.

His name was Lee Clarke

I never got any more abuse from him in 5 school years but I kept my distance. He didn't hang with the toughest lads in our year, but was a bit of a loaner, I never liked him. There was something not right with him.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Me too, though I dunno why I do it; drives me nuts when people don't bring stuff back
I had a steering wheel stuck between my legs once. That drove my nuts.

Last edited:
When I had a fight at about 8 years old with a bigger boy. He kicked me in the nuts and I had a rupture which resulted in an operation and a stay in hospital!

There's more too this.

His younger brother was a nasty piece of work too. He and too mates got into bother with a few Pakistani lads. His mate who I believe was of the same oik
got murdered that night.

When I had a fight at about 8 years old with a bigger boy. He kicked me in the nuts and I had a rupture which resulted in an operation and a stay in hospital!

Did you get him back?

When was the day you realised that life was not a bed of Roses.

I was 11 years old when I bumped into this young lad the same age as me.

He called me names that I never knew existed, but knew they were not friendly words. It more than likely was the first time I ever experienced bullying.

He intimidated me. That was the summer of 78. On starting senior school that September I was horrified to find that he was attending the same school. His name was Lee Clarke
I never got any more abuse from him in 5 school years, but I kept my distance. He didn't hang with the toughest lads in our year, but was a bit of a loaner, I never liked him. There was something not right with him.
The reason why I started this thread is.

Till this day I never had anything to do with him.

I was never big for my age but learned how to look after myself.

If I had bumped into him on a dark night on the way home from the pub, I would have fancied myself in giving him a good hiding. If it come to it.

Well I'm happy that never happened.

BBC News - Harlow man found guilty of murdering his friend and cutting up his body

Out of all the kids at school, some that have served time, I would have said it was he who could commit murder.

Shoulda bought that adjustable tap wrench sooner:

When I fitted my bath, I needed an adjustable tap wrench for just two turns of a nut. I bought one from B&Q along with a lot of other stuff. I didn’t remove the tag, tightened my nuts and took it back for a refund. ;)
--
.BBC News - Harlow man found guilty of murdering his friend and cutting up his body with power tools
Hope they makita long sentence

Sponsored Links
Back