When was vapour check plasterboard introduced?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to date some work done by previous owners of house. Just for interest's sake.
They used foil-backed 12.5mm plasterboard, but everything else i can find is un-ageable or original hence really old..
Anyone have any ideas on when foil backed board was introduced?

Sponsored Links
Donkmeister. good evening.

As we know, standard P/Board has a load of information ink printed on the reverse of the Board.

On Foil backed the information is on the closed edges.

How about, just a thought, contact British Gypsum direct Via their web site and ask the question of them? having asked various questions of British Gypsum [other Manufacturers are producing this material] My experience is that B/Gypsum is very Pro-Active in responses?

Ken

If it helps I first used it on a house we bought in and returned, so we used it in 1987 and 88. I think ours came from Knauf, though, not British Gypsum. Also had some wierd stuff with both polythene and ally foil on the ba k on that house. Never seen it since

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - I recall the previous owners moved in around 1960 so I know it's since then, but I have no way of getting in touch with them now.

I'll see if I can retrieve any plasterboard edges since I'm about to pull some boards down. Interesting to know it could be 1972 or earlier though, in my mind I thought it must be a 1980s/1990s innovation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back