where can i buy a head for a lifestyle 2 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!
I have a faulty lifestyle 2 port motorised valve ( 679 H 308 -30LI )
can anyone please tell me where can i buy a replacement head for it?

Sponsored Links
lifestyle is a brand name used by Drayton, if that helps.

I suppose if you buy a new matching valve complete, you could start by just swapping the heads, if that fixes it, it will be easier and quicker than changing the watery bits.

Sponsored Links
As a very general rule, if something doesn't come on when expected it will be the head.

If something comes on when it shouldn't, I would be checking whether the valve body has stuck open.

As said though, only general guidelines.

Back to your question, any good plumbers merchants e.g Plumb Center, Plumbase, PTS etc.

Can you remove the actuator with the push button as it's only the more recent heads which are removable, the older ones are only replaceable as a complete valve.

i always got the idea that people that can't diagnose the faulty part done that.

Well its not that hard of a fault to work out mate, but i think im quite good at my job in all aspects. But one thing i don't do is put bitchy comments.. its a forum to give people advice wether they are in the trade or not. Not to give digs to people.

i always got the idea that people that can't diagnose the faulty part done that.

Well its not that hard of a fault to work out mate, but i think im quite good at my job in all aspects. But one thing i don't do is put **** comments.. its a forum to give people advice wether they are in the trade or not. Not to give digs to people.

sorry but seco is right, why tell him to change the lot when the head may be faulty?

i know what he's gettin at, and i wasn't been funny about what seco said its the thing to do. its just ive changed a head on the lifestyle 2 port and it worked fine for 2 weeks then had to go change the body when it became stuck just my prefrence kill two birds with one stone so to speak

Well its not that hard of a fault to work out mate, but i think im quite good at my job in all aspects. But one thing i don't do is put **** comments.. its a forum to give people advice wether they are in the trade or not. Not to give digs to people.

its not that hard of a fault.

the op has not even explained whats wrong with the system so you can't say you know what the fault is, only that he has asked where to get a head.

no you just give stupid advice, why would anyone one with a faulty actuator want to change the valve as well.
only to rip someone off.

i don't rip no one off and never have done mate. i aint an independent engineer company i work for a council. no he didn't specifically say it was the valve just that he wanted one but i guess it would of been to change one in the unforsiable future or who knows maybe the bloke collects them prat

FFS :eek:

How can you argue over a bl**dy drayton valve head, when neither of you has seen the offending part :rolleyes:

Chill out, this is not a forum to score points against each other ;)

i don't rip no one off and never have done mate. i aint an independent engineer company i work for a council. no he didn't specifically say it was the valve just that he wanted one but i guess it would of been to change one in the unforsiable future or who knows maybe the bloke collects them prat

you suggested changing the whole unit not me.
who needs to see the offending part when all that was stated why advise to change the complete unit when only a part of it is faulty.

you seem the only one getting upset.

Hi all!
Thank you for your help i already order a new lifestyle valve complete because as you say the old one i cant how can i take the head off and i dont want to buy a head and find out that i have to go back to buy the other part.

if you state what the problem your having people will advice you on whats at fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back