Where can I buy upvc for facia?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm currently planning to paint the exterior of my house (SEE HERE). At the same time, I also want to sort out the Facia at the front of the house which has lost it's paintwork and slightly rotten due to the weather. It looks like this:-

soffit-fascia-repairs-dublin-3.jpg

My questions are:-

1. Can we put plastic upvc fascia on it instead of having to repaint it?
  2. If it's a yes to no.1, then how do I go about doing this?
  3. Where can I buy cheap upvc board to go on the wooden fascia?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry woody, I wasn't being rude or owt...it's just that I thought maybe no one could see my thread/posts. Also my thread & content should have been a bit more specific. Which place would u recommend sell this for cheap and are there any instructions on how to put this on? Also won't nails rust with the weather?

Don't ruin it by slapping a load of cheap white fascia board and hollow soffit on there. Keep it traditional and go for a black grain effect fascia with black stainless pins so they won't rust. General building plastics do the black grain (black ash). They might have an outlet near you.

Sorry, but you might have misunderstood...that photo is just one from google to show u what mine looks like. On mine the paint has flaked away and because this side of the house is more exposed, I thought it'd be wiser to protect it by covering it with a upvc BLACK fascia.

Just do a search for UPVC fascia supplier in your locality. Or online and compare prices. There are some cheapish online suppliers. You need capping which is 9mm thick and not fascai which is twice as thick

You fix the fascia with stainless steel pins with a plastic cap. You will need corner pieces too, and soffit strips if you have soffits.

You may well need to repair your roof felt at the eaves and fit a plastic eaves tray too. Lots of info on here or on the web, so I dont want to repeat it all in a "how to" post

Black capping should be about £20-25 for a 5m length. Compared to white which is a bit more than half as much. Some places charge way too much for non-white colours, so try and avoid them.

Thanks for your advice Woody. Sorry for the late reply. It sounds like a lot of headache and I'm just wondering if it might just be better to sand down and paint the wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back