Which Facia Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I have built a workshop in my garden and will be getting the roof GRP'd. Before they come to do the roof I need to fit facia boards, problem is what do I buy? The selection is massive.

The shed will be clad with Siberian Larch and the roof will be grey. Not sure if I want white UPVC facias and Guttering, can you / should you paint facia white boards?

Sponsored Links
There are more colours other than white in both fascia and gutter. You could even go to one of the metal gutters that can look pretty neat.

You’ll need black Fascias to go with Siberian larch. Don’t fit white you’ll turn it into a council shed. Make sure you go for black ash not gloss black.

Sponsored Links
I've fitted white to a manky old barge board recently... and now I wish I hadn't!
It looks tidy, but dull!

Wish I'd just treated the wood and repainted.

As it's a shed, could you not do away with the fascia board altogether and just screw gutter brackets onto the cladding?

Found this site (not working today for some reason) it has some lovely Irish Oak Facias and caramel guttering to match :)
Just need to check how much will be covered by the GRP trims before I waste too much money :)

Nearly started another thread until I remembered this one.

The sides will be clad with Siberian Larch and the GRP will be light or dark grey?
I need to get the facia boards on before they can do the roof but I am having trouble deciding what type to get.

The window that has been fitted is Irish Oak (uPVC) and the door is wood but stained in a light oak colour.
I was considering getting Irish Oak facias to match the window and caramel guttering to compliment the colour and wood aspects of the building.
On looking at various GRP flat roof videos and images my concern is that most of the facia will be concealed by the GRP trim so paying out for wood grain effect facias might be a waste of time?

Also not sure whether to get full thickness uPVC facias or get some timber and use facia capping boards (whichever is cheapest I guess).

I was looking at this site here but just found this site which seems a lot cheaper - anyone used this?

Any comments?

Nearly started another thread until I remembered this one.

The sides will be clad with Siberian Larch and the GRP will be light or dark grey?
I need to get the facia boards on before they can do the roof but I am having trouble deciding what type to get.

The window that has been fitted is Irish Oak (uPVC) and the door is wood but stained in a light oak colour.
I was considering getting Irish Oak facias to match the window and caramel guttering to compliment the colour and wood aspects of the building.
On looking at various GRP flat roof videos and images my concern is that most of the facia will be concealed by the GRP trim so paying out for wood grain effect facias might be a waste of time?

Also not sure whether to get full thickness uPVC facias or get some timber and use facia capping boards (whichever is cheapest I guess).

I was looking at this site here but just found this site which seems a lot cheaper - anyone used this?

Any comments?

The second site doesn’t do Irish oak.

Can anyone offer a good online source for Facias and Guttering ?
You could contact my suppliers. They do deeplas fascia (owned by deceuninck). Real good stuff. Not sure about carriage cost to Devon though as they use own transport but you can ask them. 3rd party couriers delivering 5m lengths of plastic usually deliver them with teeth marks on.
Www.theplasticsdepot.co.uk say Matt from mw roofline told you to call. They can advise you on stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back