Where can I find copies of building regulations drawings?

I agree with Woody.

I'm all for DIY and trying to produce your own drawings but why not just ask specific questions here with the points you are stuck on and people like me and Woody and plenty of others will freely give advice. To just copy parts of someone else's drawings and building regulations notes is out of order and I'm surprised at some of the regulars who have suggested it.

It has taken me many years of study, training and experience to be able to produce my drawings and the thought of people just stealing them annoys me. Whenever you look at applications through Council's websites there are clear warnings about copyright theft but I suppose that depends on your moral compass. Besides if you just copy notes and details without understanding them they may not be appropriate for your project and you end up designing in a potentially expensive problem.
Ah come on we've all taken ideas and specs from drawings from previous jobs etc. But I agree with your last point regarding just blind copying without understanding the specifications and why they are there in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Ah come on we've all taken ideas and specs from drawings from previous jobs etc. But I agree with your last point regarding just blind copying without understanding the specifications and why they are there in the first place.

I think this is the nub of it. For boggo domestic extensions it's analogous to someone asking to see my passport photo so that they have an idea what they need to send to Swansea. They may then do a good job of replicating their own equivalent, but will they realise how important it is that I'm looking straight ahead, or not smiling, or not wearing a hat, or filling 80% of the frame? I'm not too precious about my plans given that I owe a debt of thanks to the forum for support over the past ten years, so happy to pass it back around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back