Where can I get a replacement sink like this?

30 Dec 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I've been tasked to replace the following sink which is built into the counter top. The taps have apparently been leaking for years and the sink has a gross amount of limescale built up.

Ideally, I'd like to find a sink of the same size and shape, so I can just swap it out. I'd really rather not have to replace the counter top as it's a really awkward shape; I guess getting a slightly bigger sink wouldn't be so bad as I could just make the hole bigger - but same size would be ideal.


Sink is 17.5" / 445mm deep x 22" / 559mm wide. I've had a look around online and can't see anything like it, does anyone have any suggestions as to where might sell one?

Failing that, is there some chemical that I could just pour on and dissolve all the limescale?
Sponsored Links
that’s pretty old I suspect? 70’s or 80’s?
I doubt that there is a direct replacement available.
It’s more common now to have bowls on top of units or underneath the hole.
We had your type when I was a kid in the 70’s

I also doubt that any chemical would simply remove it with zero manual input but I would try this

You may need to apply repeatedly and use a stainless scouring pad.
Still cheaper than replacement
Sponsored Links
Is this the style you need? This one is 560 x 475, so a bit deeper. Reviews for JSL Bathrooms above say to ring because the owner knows everything about replacing sanitary ware.


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local