where can you buy an isolator switch ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone advise me where you can buy the 100a isolator switches from that go between the electric meter & the CU (to isolate the CU without having to pull the main fuse). The ones I've seen on the TLC website are the ones that go in the CU.

Sponsored Links
Thats the one you need it fits inside a 2-module DIN rail enclosure to form the isolator switch between the meter and the CU

DP_Switches.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah thats the one JohnD. The purple one is the easiest to fit.... :p

looks fine. the MEM enclosure has the added feature that you can remove a separate hatch over the load-side terminals to instal new tails, without exposing the supply side terminals (even if it has been wire-sealed)

(see my pic, second from the right)

you're right, it does look like a sturdier case. I somethimes think those cream ones aren't enough for a big heavy switch with huge cables.

To be fair, the MEM one isn't bad. The Wylex one is OK too, but much wider. And the screws' heads strip easily.

One finishing touch to that big main switch in a hinged enclosure.

Fixing a label on it marked "MAIN SWITCH - WHOLE HOUSE" would be a good idea, especially if there is more than one consumer unit fed from the tails, as in my case. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back