Where do I get large wooden circles?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want large wooden circles. At least 30cm in diameter.
Floorboard width at preferred - I'd settle for 1cm but would love to get thicker.

What I really want: just to be able to buy!
I can't find anywhere that sells off the shelf?

Or could I get made from somewhere? I'd only want to buy 10 pieces at a time to begin and wouldn't want to pay big prices - it's just an idea I had for now.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I made a clock face for a family member using rough timber planks from a palet glued (using gorilla glue) and clamped flat (with sash clamps) to form a 'sheet'. Then, use a router with a radius arm thingy to make any sized circle you need.

Nozzle

Last edited:
If you use a router radius arm type thingy you will have a hole in your circle. All be it small you may not want a hole in the middle. Plenty of ways to make wooden circles on Youtube but they all involve a power saw of some sort.

Sponsored Links
I want large wooden circles. At least 30cm in diameter.
Floorboard width at preferred - I'd settle for 1cm but would love to get thicker.

What I really want: just to be able to buy!
I can't find anywhere that sells off the shelf?

Or could I get made from somewhere? I'd only want to buy 10 pieces at a time to begin and wouldn't want to pay big prices - it's just an idea I had for now.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
What do you want them for?

Thanks for all replies
It's for making a clock
Its my latest idea that I'm working on

The mdf circles looks just what I need

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
  • Thanks
Reactions: OM2
GUYS... u've just give some absolutely AWESOME links :)
thanks!

You can rebate the rear of any thickness to accommodate the mechanism .
Rebate? What's that?

OMG. Amazing links there. :)
Thanks.

Your link didn't work?

QUESTION: you guys somehow seem to know a lot about clocks. :)
I have something I've been trying to figure out for ages!
Clock mechanisms: that's the black box on the back - ALL clocks... absolutely every single clock in the world has this.
Where can I get different sizes? Where can I get ones for REALLY big clocks - these can't be the same black box I assume because of the weight of the hands? Can you get smaller? Can you get ones with different dimensions? I thought I'd throw that in and try my luck. :)

Thanks in advance.

Maybe there's a FabLab (public access workshop) near you, where you can make your own parts on the CNC table and laser cutter. They show you how to do it and it's free if you bring your own materials. Clocks are a common thing people make there. My local branch in Blackburn made this huge one as a demonstration.
fox.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: OM2
guys you're all just awesome :)
those links... i'll need all in due course - even the mega expensive parts!
(well... if my plans work that is!)

@Gerrydelasel i couldn't find fablab near me
i'm in havering. there was a place called hackerspace in east london - but they're closing down and moving.
anywhere else u can suggest?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back