Where do I put my fridge??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bit of a dilema. I have placed the fridge where I originally planned it to be, but now it's in place it makes the room feel really small when you walk in. I have attached the current kitchen plans, the room is 3m x 4m in size. My options are either buy and integrated under counter fridge or put the full height fridge/freezer (already purchased) in the adjacent utility room. Would that be odd to have no fridge freezer in the kitchen? Any suggestions on a change of layout are welcome as I have yet to purchase the kitchen.....

Sponsored Links
Buy an integrated fridge for the kitchen and put the freezer in the utility room.

you could put it in the corner next to the door, or were you thinking of putting a small table there?

in a corner it will seem less overpowering than next to that open space.

I keep a large FF in the futility room and another in the kitchen. Shopping goes straight to the futility room and only what is needed straight away goes to the kitchen. You could get away with a small one in the kitchen but a tall one uses no more floor space and obv holds much more. Tall ones are far more convenient for getting stuff out of.

Put the washer and drier in the laundry room, not the kitchen. You can stack them.

I don't like integrated appliances.

Sponsored Links
I agree with John, put the F/F in the corner by the door. Also, if you have not yet bought the kitchen consider moving the hob and sink unit away from the centre of the worktops. Keep cooker and sink on the same wall under the window and that will free up a long worktop for food preparation. There is space under the window to put the cooker on the right of window, then a short piece of worktop to the drainer & sink. This would have the advantage of natural light on the cooker and sink and a worktop to put hot pans straight off the cooker, the dirty dishes and pans from the main worktop are then adjacent to the sink.

Just my fourpenn'orth, but it doesn't look bad (on the plan) to me although, as JD says, it might look better in the corner.

Cheers for the responses. The corner next to the door where the worktop runs up to is only 400mm deep so the fridge would overhang the doorway. The opposite side of the room is a large opening to the dining room so it couldn't go there either. :confused:

I see not much of an issue where it is, same as JBR, so i would soon get used to where it is, under the counter fridge and freezer you will lose space for other items.

Sponsored Links
Back