where do the gremlins hide it when i need it????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent 3 hours looking for a lead for my cement mixer which i needed for a job tomorrow. I was at the point of having to go out and but another one. Went back half an hour later for one last look and there it was on the shelf where i had left it and where i had looked 3 times!!!!

Its the same when your working somewhere kneeling down, having not moved for half an hour while working. You go to pick up a tool you were using and its suddenly not there. You stand up go around and around in circles like a puppy chasing its tail and start thinking your going mad as you cant find it. Suddenly you look again and its by your feet.....why????
Why do they do it and how do they do it. Im sure its gremlins or nasty fairys...grrrr

Am i the only one? Please tell me im not!

Thermo

Sponsored Links
no your not the only one mate how can i lose a pipe cutter i was using 20 sec ago without moving
then go for a p come back and its sitting there laughing at you :LOL:

I have a theory about this

have you seen the tv prog "so haunt me" its the mrs Feldman effect

Thermo said:
Am i the only one? Please tell me im not!
Nope, all my tools are now bright orange colour to help me to find it quicker. Still make no difference :LOL:
The best one was looking for my screwdriver when it was still in my hand :oops:

Sponsored Links
masona said:
The best one was looking for my screwdriver when it was still in my hand :oops:

i have been speaking to a mate on his mobile and he is busy looking for ...........his mobile

Looking for things with them in your hand? I do that all the time. What is worse is when you confuse the soldering iron with the screwdriver, and pick up the 'screwdriver' by the metal part. Owww :(

My usual one is the telly remote. For some reason i have a habit of keeping it in my hand when leaving the living room to do something else then putting it down. So when i can't find it later on its in the kitchen/bathroom/car/whatever...

ive often went out with the house phone, got in car , put fone down, go 2 use it nd relise i have the house phone and my mobile is still in the house

I have two bunches of keys, one set for the car, another for the Van. On the van key ring I also have the house keys for a job I've been working on. Friday, went to the job by car. As I was packing up round back, gave my mate my jacket and the van keys to lock up the house. I then drove the car round the front to pick him up.

Just as I was dropping him off home, (after a 13 mile journey in the rush hour), asked, "BTW. where did you put my jacket?" . "Sh*t it's on the skip, outside the job, with your keys". So after an extra 26 mile round trip, no harm done.

Monday went to the job by car. As we were packing up for the day, I gave my mate the Van Keyring to lock up the front of the house while I went to get the car from round the back. Declined his offer to take my jacket, after last weeks fiasco.

Yesterday I wanted to go out and get some wood for another job, No van keys (my mate still has them). Went to phone him up on my mobile, it's in my jacket still on the job.

What makes it worse, he's a funny b*gger and only answers his phone to a few select numbers (including my mobile but not my land line). So had to drive round to the job that he's on now, from there around to his house to get his mother to go through his trouser pockets, and then back home to pick up the van. Another wasted 20 miles later, I now have the van available again, but still no phone.

I'll be back on the job, where my phone is tomorrow, and my mate has added my land line to his list of "special numbers". Roll on next week.

Sponsored Links
Back