Where do you get your news from these days?

T

teaboyjim

Generally speaking part of my routine is to go to "Sky News" - I particularly like the "read the papers" bit where they have two opposing journalists usually helping to see both sides of different stories

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Radio. I used to like the Evening Standard but it was ruined when it changed to a free paper.

Guido Fawkes, Telegraph, Express, Newsnow Europe (compilation) Guardian, Times, Spectator and of course The Daily Mash. I think these days you really need to read the news from all angles, right left and centre and formulate your own opinion.

Every publication will have their own slant and bias, it's only natural. The people on here who accuse right leaning avatars of being swayed by the Daily Mail are guilty of exactly the same 'crime' with the left wing press.

Read everything and make your own mind up, believe little and take nothing at face value.

Sponsored Links
You can usually tell from a persons opinions exactly which MSM source those opinions came from.

There's some really serious stuff happening in the world these days & not one of your MSM's is covering it.

Myanmar for example. Could draw in China, India & Russia........

Are there even going to be any pubs left after lockdown has properly been lifted?

The 'pub' as I knew & loved it died shortly after the smoking ban all those years ago.

It re-invented itself as the gastro pub with a splinter group of real ale establishments & then sparked the birth of very many micro pubs.

Even during the heaviest days of lockdown, groups of like minded folk have never denied themselves the sheer enjoyment of each others company, good beer, good music & talking fluent BS. Like the underground hairdressers which are so obvious yet so invisible, if you haven't had access to our world in the past few months then there is usually a good reason for that.

The one's that served ding ding food on sticky tables & pish beer in grubby glasses to folk that accepted that are hopefully gone forever.

Sponsored Links
Back