Would You Stop A Fight/Argument If You Did Not Know The People???

Sponsored Links
A good thirty years ago I finished work on Friday at 4pm, got the car out of the car park and drove the two mins to pick my wife up from the back of the supermarket as she only worked half days Fridays and this was our routine.
Waiting in our car on this summer/sunny day I noted about 20 feet in front of me a man about my age started arguing with a down and out guy, not sure why. This young couple, about my age who was walking past stopped and tried to stop the argument. The argument was not very loud but you could see it was trouble and hands waving. The down and out guy saw his chance and walked off. This left the other guy that was arguing initially arguing with the couple. Then it got really heated and then two minicab drivers got out and stopped them. We loaded our shopping and left. That taught me never to butt in unless it was an officer of the law that was being overwhelmed etc as you can often tell who is right or wrong. Even then I'd have to evaluate the risk and complete a quick risk assessment in my head and possible scenarios/aftermaths.

Since the above I've seen a couple of bust-ups at wedding parties where one of the original people in the bust-up walks off leaving the good samaritan in a problem.

I'm a pacifist and a coward as these days even the biggest clown could be and most likely is carrying a weapon and or has parasites waiting in the wings to attack you.

The story below reminded me of the above event.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-fellow-passenger-easyJet-flight-Turkey.html

Exactly what the couple were trying to do ie stop the woman but look what happened.

@The Samaritan, can you understand why your posts draw ridicule?

See the emboldened quotes in your posts, specifically the words I have also underlined.

In the original post you say it was a guy abusing a down and out guy.
In your second quoted post you say the couple were trying to 'stop the woman'.
How can people be expected to believe your posts when they are not consistent in the same thread but you claim to have a memory that can recall, in detail, an incident from a 'good thirty years ago'.

A good thirty years ago I finished work on Friday at 4pm, got the car out of the car park and drove the two mins to pick my wife up from the back of the supermarket as she only worked half days Fridays and this was our routine.
Waiting in our car on this summer/sunny day I noted about 20 feet in front of me a man about my age started arguing with a down and out guy, not sure why. This young couple, about my age who was walking past stopped and tried to stop the argument. The argument was not very loud but you could see it was trouble and hands waving. The down and out guy saw his chance and walked off. This left the other guy that was arguing initially arguing with the couple. Then it got really heated and then two minicab drivers got out and stopped them. We loaded our shopping and left. That taught me never to butt in unless it was an officer of the law that was being overwhelmed etc as you can often tell who is right or wrong. Even then I'd have to evaluate the risk and complete a quick risk assessment in my head and possible scenarios/aftermaths.

Since the above I've seen a couple of bust-ups at wedding parties where one of the original people in the bust-up walks off leaving the good samaritan in a problem.

I'm a pacifist and a coward as these days even the biggest clown could be and most likely is carrying a weapon and or has parasites waiting in the wings to attack you.

The story below reminded me of the above event.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-fellow-passenger-easyJet-flight-Turkey.html

Exactly what the couple were trying to do ie stop the woman but look what happened.

See the emboldened quotes in your posts, specifically the words I have also underlined.

In the original post you say it was a guy abusing a down and out guy.
In your second quoted post you say the couple were trying to 'stop the woman'.
How can people be expected to believe your posts when they are not consistent in the same thread but you claim to have a memory that can recall, in detail, an incident from a 'good thirty years ago'.

Complex mental health issues.

We should have a thread about how they are left to pretty much fend for themselve's in todays society. Then just for fun, we could ignore all of its input.

Sponsored Links
One of the few regrets in my life. My mate had picked me up from t'pub & I was riding shotgun while we we went off to do a dirty deed.

At the end of the road he'd picked me up from & while waiting to turn right at the junction, I casually glanced right to witness a local scally knocking seven bales out of his then girlfriend outside a bookies. I would have dearly loved a legitimate reason to knock seven bales out of this scally at that time, but as soon as my hand hit that doorpull, my mate told me to sit back down, we have a job on already.

A good friend of mine had a flat opposite a taxi rank. couple were arguing and he was hitting her. A friend of mine went out with a machete and slapped him around the face with it (no cuts). They both made a statement and he went to prison for 6 months. Only time I have ever visited a prison. I remember his words "Chipshop, never get involved".

I have a couple of times, but left the scene before any police involvement. Just smash his face and run away. Cowardly I know, but hey ho. Drunk or not, no reason to hit a woman, or anyone else for that matter.

Wake up sunshine it is possible that more than 1 person thinks you are a spineless senseless moron

Thank you and I apologise for you being abused because of me.
I just ignore the clique here when they accuse a poster of being x/y/z/etc. Most likely the reason
for this is that they have more than one user name to back up their cowardly attacks.

Enjoy your day.

Thank you and I apologise for you being abused because of me.
I just ignore the clique here when they accuse a poster of being x/y/z/etc. Most likely the reason
for this is that they have more than one user name to back up their cowardly attacks.

Enjoy your day.
Get a room.

Sponsored Links
Back