Where/how should i chase my cable

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by processpaul, 18 Jul 2008.

1. processpaul

processpaul

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello all, hope you can help me. (Not ever had to do anything like this before)

I have three cables i want to chase into the walls of a bedroom. They are currently in surface mount conduit.

One cable is for the room thermostat. This comes down from the ceiling about 5cm from a corner.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/processpaul/2679827185/

How far from the corner can i move this to the right? I might need to put a wardrobe in this corner so dont what the thermostat obstructed. Should i chase into the wall brickwork above the ceiling board a little, so that it comes neatly down from above.

The second is from the room thermostat to the electric radiator valve in the room. This comes down through the ceiling but not close to the wall.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/processpaul/2679826883/

Can i go vertically down in the corner and then horizontally along above a skirting board to the radiator valve. (this was the route in surface mount) Or should i go down to the floor and along under that?

The other cable is an aerial cable what should i do with that one?

any help appreciated.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local