Where is the water coming from

Sponsored Links
Love to see a Thames Water bill that low.

Well here is a recent Thames Water (estimated) bill that appears low. This is a metered supply at my London flat which I use occasionally. But look more closely and you will see what a stinking rip-off the whole thing is. The estimated consumption is for 6 m3. The volume charge for this (adding water to wastewater) is £10.61 yet the combined fixed charge is £35.46. In other words the water consumption costs 23% of the total bill the rest is a f*cking fixed charge. Thames Water offer no other tariff for low users – utterly p*sspoor when consumers are supposedly being encouraged to minimise their usage. :evil:

maltaron";p="2312483 said:
Just a thought. The South East is in drought conditions (due to total lack of investment in storage reservoirs). This summer will see thousands of athletes and freeloaders arriving in London and all wanting daily showers/baths. Can the Southern Water Authorities cope?[/quote

This maybe a bit late for 2012 but its to help out the southern softies again

]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106547/Rail-pipe-bring-water-South--2-6billion-plan-build-alongside-HS2-route.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

LOL here we go with the north south divide again.
We are dryer here, have a heavily dense concentration of population. Higher sewage needs.
You lot still have outside bogs dont you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chainsaw, standing chargers are the same across the board IIRC. With Thames water anyway.
Other companies have different rates but they still pay Thames Water for sewage.

And that bill is hardly a true reflection with such little use.

Sponsored Links
Thames water: £102 average bill

South West water £254.

What prices are you quoting there? my quarterly bill is £100 on a meter.
Oop's told a bit of a porky there,it was £92 the last bill,£54 for the sewage part and £37 for water usage,with £12 of standing charges in these sums.Before any one questions my maths there were a few odd pennies to make the other pound.

Just a thought. The South East is in drought conditions (due to total lack of investment in storage reservoirs). This summer will see thousands of athletes and freeloaders arriving in London and all wanting daily showers/baths. Can the Southern Water Authorities cope?
We're (the UK), going to have more than a little egg on our faces if we have a scorching summer and the water issue is even more dire than they planned for and/or thought it would be.

And the Gold Medal for the most dehydrated athlete goes to...

And the Gold Medal for the smelliest athlete goes to...

If the South (London particularly), face rationing then I hope the same measures will be forced upon the Olympic village and surrounding areas but I suspect the government won't allow such rationing to take place in the Olympic area.

Of course there is a simple and fairly economical solution to the problem... There's a well known contraption we all know of that, when in use, causes rain to fall. They're so effective in fact that owners have had to camouflage them in order to stop rain fall...

kettle-bbq-cover-evergreen-110-p.jpg

Prices from waterwatch website. This was just a comparison of average bills from that site. My bill is much less than that in Cornwall. Our bills on a meter from South West would be much less in London.

A while ago I watched a documentary ..I think it was Japan where they built these massive and I mean really massive underground water storage tanks which collected rainwater and now they dont have any problems with water shortage ...but yet again we in the uk are well behind these countries

A while ago I watched a documentary ..I think it was Japan where they built these massive and I mean really massive underground water storage tanks which collected rainwater and now they dont have any problems with water shortage ...but yet again we in the uk are well behind these countries

Dont panic, in the worst case senario we can pop over Hadrians wall armed with buckets, they got more than enough wet stuff up there, i think i'm correct in saying thats where wet, wet, wet came from, the only thing to remember is ....

http://youtu.be/ElLpKewnxp4

We'd deck the lot of ya.

Does that include the Jocks and Jockesses living south of the border, i believe there are more down here than up there, bloody Jock forieners. now viering off at a tangent, what are the chances of me getting barred or this post being deleted, is this racsist?

Chainsaw, standing chargers are the same across the board IIRC. With Thames water anyway.
Other companies have different rates but they still pay Thames Water for sewage.
And that bill is hardly a true reflection with such little use.

I am sure that standing charges are the same but the point here is, surely, that meters were introduced with the sole purpose of charging the consumer for what they use, as a way of deterring over consumption. The example of my bill ridicules the very basis of this intention, in other words the fixed charge proportion entirely defeats the purpose of paying for what is used. Admittedly the usage here is unusually low but why cannot the Thames Water in such cases apply a different tariff, say a fixed charge of £10 and £2/m3? It is not so difficult even for that bunch of t0ssers. :evil:

And another thing Mr Chainsaw, i bet you a pound to a penny when there are sufficient numbers of customers with water meters, that is when they'll put the price up, at present it's a case of metered water is cheaper to entice people to get a meter, :evil:

I suspect you are absolutely right, pred, but then we customers can always rely on that effective body of public servants: Ofwat (or is it F*ckwit?), to fight our corner, can’t we? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back