Where on earth is the bleed valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I'm a newbie here so apologies if I'm being a bit dumb but I really need to get my bedroom warmer! We've recently had a lot of work done on the house including a loft conversion and new combi boiler. But the radiator at the top isn't getting warm and I cannot work out where the bleed valve is at all. I've uploaded a picture as it's a new fangled radiator. Also, it's actually hot (well vaguely warm) at the top, but cold at the bottom. Is this still air?
Many thanks if you can help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 217
Sponsored Links
The side opposite the thermostatic valve has a small hole, maybe for a small Allen key. Can that be it?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 182
Sponsored Links
It's an auto bleed vent. You don't need to do anything it will vent itself. Similar to the aladdin vents. Google them and you'll see.

If it's hot at the top and cold at the bottom but is a new rad I would be looking at a balancing issue or poor circulation due to design or excessive rads on the system.

Get your installer back to sort it

Thanks Jonbj. We've had to have them back about a few things - good to know I'm not just being a div. thanks.

Just a comment but that looks like a vertical radiator and not ideal for horizontal mounting to achieve thermal convention within its structure. There again, I suppose it's no different to an extra wide towel rail.

No it's definitely a horizontal, although I know what you mean. I'll mention baffles/injectors to the installer she I get him back. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back