where pipe comes through plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
simple question, with perhaps obvious answer, but i just dont know!

where plastic plumbing pipes come through the plasterboard, what is the usual way of making it look nice? are there some kind of collars which fit around or what?

Sponsored Links
well the pipes have to come out somewhere to connect to the bathroom furniture, if you get me.

for example below our wall hung sink, i have a chrome waste and a white plastic hot, and white plastic cold water pipe come out the wall to connect to the sink, how is this usually done in a way which is appealing to the eye?

Sponsored Links
maybe a semi pedestal is available for the sink ?

or as tamz says finish in chrome and make the pipes a feature.

can you elabarate slightly?

where we have plasterboarded we have had to cut holes, and they are not exact diameter as this would have been near impossible to get right, so we have, for example - the sink pipes coming though holes with an extra 5mm diameter, i thought there would be fittings you could buy or a simple technique for finishing where it protudes out of the wall

woudltn any kind of pedestall only hide the waste pipe?

Since the pipe in question is plastic, then it would be logical to assume that it may be Speedfit.. In which case you should never use speedfit fittings to connect to Chromed copper as it just won't grip and you end up with a shower where there shouldn't be one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back