Where should cooker connection plate be for built in oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have had a kitchen required (and yes we have been given a certificate) and a connection plate has been put in for the built in cooker. The plate is central on the wall inside the opening in the unit and will be right behind the oven about 100mm up from the shelf the oven sits on.

Is this right given how hot it could get?

Sponsored Links
In the main ovens have cooling fans so the carcase should not get hot. We had this argument with the county council who sent some one to teach mother how to use the new oven, and she told my mother to turn it off after use, which is wrong as cooling fans may still run ½ hour after switched off, and also the clock stops.

I've no idea, always had freestanding gas cooker, this is our first built in electric oven, I'm no expert just wanted to be sure since one is installed there's no way to see behind it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back