Where to buy decent laminate worktop (NI)...?

Now that's a cat and a half! Makes my old tom look like a tiddler (he was only 15 lbs, but not fat). Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coone, perchance? And is he a softie?

Sponsored Links
Expect prices to be a bit higher on 38mm thick trade quality worktop than it is on 30mm stuff. Also note that trade worktops generally come in 4m or 4.1m lengths

Well, here’s the finished result in Duropal Roma Black Marble. Cost was eye-watering compared with stuff from Homebase etc (I got charged £320 for 2 x 4M – 2-3 times what “shed” stuff would have been), but I got a kitchen fitter to do the job in the end, as he joined the two sections properly with a router etc as discussed above, and Duropal’s what he uses, as well as you recommending it.

The old one is the lighter colour. Things never look as bad in photos as in the flesh, but trust me, along with the beige tiles it all looked a bit… beige.

20191207_093720.jpg
Ahse5.jpg

Sponsored Links
Well, bit over a year on... I know people (like me) often hunt through these old threads to find info, so I'll stick an update in.

I don't think the Duropal has worn well - pic attached is of the area where I make my tea; as you can see, it's covered in little scratches just from setting cups and mugs on it.

I emailed Duropal for comment, but they were unhelpful:

"Please be advised that scratches on laminate worktops are caused by mechanical means and it is not possible to restore the worktop surface finish. Please be advised that we manufacture worktop lengths only and do not manufacture ancillary products, as such we are sorry we are therefore unable to assist with your enquiry."

So there you go.

20201218_140916.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back