Where to by 8' x 4' Laminated Chip Board Sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have tried the usual suspects for laminated chipboard but none do the size I require. Also I should mention that I'm after a Walnut effect.

I've tried looking on the internet but with no success so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
I originally asked "laminated with what".. then read the whole post and saw that you had already said walnut effect..

I take it you're after something similar to conti-board? not real walnut laminate?

Sponsored Links
near me there is a place called "Biggins Laminates*" who stock, order and sell a vast range of plastic laminate sheet and board. maybe there is one in your town? Shopfitters and bespoke kitchen people and boatbuilders seem to go there. It is a trade not a DIY supplier. I got a sheet to match my laminated wood veneers kitchen some time ago, they have lots of sample books. I believe they will cut to size and shape if you want.

("Biggins" is not the real name. Its a local place-name)

You are unlikely to find a wood grain laminate on a 18mm chipboard panel but you will be able to get a melamine faced chipboard (MFC) with a wide range of finishes.

Not sure what part of london you are in but Richard Russel in Croydon do a Walnut in the Egger Range and I think one of their "select" range is very close to AB Walnut. They can also get any of the other grains that Egger do.

You can also get matching laminate but would need to bond that yourself

Jason

I originally asked "laminated with what".. then read the whole post and saw that you had already said walnut effect..

I take it you're after something similar to conti-board? not real walnut laminate?

Yes conti board is what I'm after, and sorry, my subject incorrectly said 8 x 4 and should've been 6 x 4.

Basically I need a couple of sheets to make an end panel for some built in wardrobes and to make an adjoining desk to match the walnut sliding doors I've fitted.

near me there is a place called "Biggins Laminates*" who stock, order and sell a vast range of plastic laminate sheet and board. maybe there is one in your town? Shopfitters and bespoke kitchen people and boatbuilders seem to go there. It is a trade not a DIY supplier. I got a sheet to match my laminated wood veneers kitchen some time ago, they have lots of sample books. I believe they will cut to size and shape if you want.

("Biggins" is not the real name. Its a local place-name)

Thanks, will check if there is one nearby.

You are unlikely to find a wood grain laminate on a 18mm chipboard panel but you will be able to get a melamine faced chipboard (MFC) with a wide range of finishes.

Not sure what part of london you are in but Richard Russel in Croydon do a Walnut in the Egger Range and I think one of their "select" range is very close to AB Walnut. They can also get any of the other grains that Egger do.

You can also get matching laminate but would need to bond that yourself

Jason

Thanks Jason, will check the link. Don't really want to go down the bonding root but will as a last resort.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back