Where to get a gas meter box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn’t sure which section to post this in but my house has two gas meters outside, the white boxes with the small doors that open to show to meter behind look tatty plus the doors are missing.

Can anyone tell me where I can get these? Or if I have to contact the gas company and how much I should expect to pay for these?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
AdrianB said:
I wasn’t sure which section to post this in but my house has two gas meters outside, the white boxes with the small doors that open to show to meter behind look tatty plus the doors are missing.
Like these?

AdrianB said:
Can anyone tell me where I can get these? Or if I have to contact the gas company and how much I should expect to pay for these?
I suspect the problem is going to be one of compatibility - to replace the doors means finding out the manufacturer of your box and getting the right part.

Thanks for the replies. It is similar to ones pictured Softus, getting doors could be very hard so I think new boxes will be required as long as they aren't silly money.

I'll look at the box in detail later and see where I can go from there.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just a word of advice, some boxes require you to have the supply disconnected before you replace,
I have seen numerous boxes become damaged whilst in build only for the gas/electric board to have to come out and disconnect the supply so a new box can be fitted.

That seems to be the problem skyblue! I've only had a quick look but the box seems to also have a back to it so I cant see how it would be possible to replace it without removing the supply and the gas meter so its not really going to be possible which is a shame as the old one is a mess.

That could work I guess a box to completely cover the existing one. Mine looks different as it doesn't recess into the wall though, I'll have to try and get a picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back