Where to run my Waste pipe kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m wondering what the best course of action is for running my waste from my new kitchen location.

I’ll add a photo so it makes more sense but my waste and everything is on the right hand side and I’m moving my kitchen to the party wall side but I need waste for the kitchen sink and the floors are concrete. Is it best to channel straight into the floor and cement a waste in? I’m worried about blockages and the fall being great enough.

** edit the BLUE X is the soil stack the smaller blue X is another waste connecting underground to the same pipe. The RedX is the new sink location **

Any advice appreciated

Attachments

• D861EBB1-7EC1-42D2-955C-0362B4AC0F4E.jpeg
    D861EBB1-7EC1-42D2-955C-0362B4AC0F4E.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
Is there nothing nearby the dining room externally?

There are no measurements? How long is the run?

For a kitchen always maximise the fall, so nothing less than around 40mm/m would be advised. Ideally on a 50mm pipe if you have multiple outlets using it and a regular cleaning regime.

Sponsored Links
There are no measurements? How long is the run?

For a kitchen always maximise the fall, so nothing less than around 40mm/m would be advised. Ideally on a 50mm pipe if you have multiple outlets using it and a regular cleaning regime.
The run from the new sink location to the external drain is around 6metres

What is to be connected to that one pipe? Will there be appliances hooked in as well as the sink?

At 6m you have exceeded the max length of run as per regs, @ 4m with a 40mm pipe. If you increase the pipe to 50mm and vent or anti vac the run then you should be ok but at a minimum, to ensure the run is actively self cleaning, you would be looking to have a fall of around 40mm/m.

Of course it isn't ideal not having access once it was covered and you would need to solvent weld the run and ensure there is rodding access incorporated.

What is to be connected to that one pipe? Will there be appliances hooked in as well as the sink?

At 6m you have exceeded the max length of run as per regs, @ 4m with a 40mm pipe. If you increase the pipe to 50mm and vent or anti vac the run then you should be ok but at a minimum, to ensure the run is actively self cleaning, you would be looking to have a fall of around 40mm/m.

Of course it isn't ideal not having access once it was covered and you would need to solvent weld the run and ensure there is rodding access incorporated.
Hi mate,
Thanks for the reply. It’s the sink and a dishwasher connected to that one pipe.
I’m struggling to find another alternative because of the waste being so far away.
50mm pipe the full length or 40 for 4metres then step to 50mm?
Also with the sink being where it is and trying to get the correct fall I’m worried the pipe will be too low at the end where it connects to the large soil stack.

To maximise the run then it would be adviseable to have 50mm for its entire length. As far as the fall is concerned the min is at least 20mm/m and have rodding access over the whole length but it may struggle longer term to be self cleaning over that kind of length. the laternative is to set it @ at least 40mm/m but that all depends on the positioning and run of the stack and whether the connection into the stack can be lowered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back