Where's all this water going?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While we were round at my mothers this morning her freind was there and she was telling me she's got a problem with her combi boiler.

Its a Vokera and the pressure has to be topped up 4 times a day! I topped it up while I was there and a fair amount went in before the needle started to move up.

I explained about the PRV (pipe to outside) and it does have a small drip and a stain down the wall but we turned the heating on while we were there and nothing came out so I dont think its the expansion vessell.
I was reluctant to start turning boiler isolation valves because I didn't want any drips.

The house is rented and the landlord is away but he has been told about this many times. I have no intention of working on this system but I would like to point her in the right direction.

If theres nothing coming out of the pressure relief valve does that mean there must be a big leak under the downstairs laminate floor?

Or is there another way for all that water to 'vanish'?

Sponsored Links
There is a very likely way for the water to "vanish" but thats in part of the boiler that should only be accessed by a gas engineer.

Since you are not going to do any work on it yourself there is no point in me telling you where.

Repeatedly filling the system will make it become sludged up very soon so its in the landlords interest to get it sorted out quickly.

So the obvious thing to do is get the Landlord to sort it out.

If he still does not then complain to the EHO at the council as a boiler fault could be classed as a risk to health.

Tony

Are you talking about the PHEX Agile?

I may turn the boiler iso's down to confirm, the landlord is likely to let this drag on for ages, he was told weeks ago and the problem has gotten worse.

Sponsored Links
You can close the heating isolation valves after pressurising the boiler.

If it does not go down then there is a leak in the heating circuit.

If it does go down then there is a leak in the boiler.

The iso valves may start leaking if turned.

Any damage to boiler by unauthorised work can be charged to the tenants by the landlord !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back