Where's best to put the extract fan in a bathroom?

I've put the one in our loo low down behind the toilet. Out of sight, and it gets rid of the pong quicker.
Unless it's too close (less than 600mm) to the bath/show (or unsuitable for the location), there's no problems with that. Loos and basins do not create 'zones'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
For what it's worth, it actually was a point raised by the OP (if 'OP' means 'original poster', rather than 'original post'!!)....
I did mean post but the OP was talking about fans in the zones - which are allowed.

As is the subsequent post by Seasicksteve and your reply to him.

I did mean post but the OP was talking about fans in the zones - which are allowed.
Fair enough, but I personally took his ('as an aside') comment to be a general observation about the apparent illogicality of measures zones 1 and 2 from FFL.
As is the subsequent post by Seasicksteve and your reply to him.
Yes, that was a bit daft of me, just one post after stating that (suitable) fans are allowed in zones 1 & 2 :oops:

Kind Regards, John

I've put the one in our loo low down behind the toilet. Out of sight, and it gets rid of the pong quicker.
I saw a photo on a forum once of an extractor mounted in the floor round the side of the toilet. Maybe outside the zones, but come on!:eek:

Sponsored Links
Mmm, fan by bog- nice thought though in this instance I'd have had to duct it under the bath- not a big deal but it is crowded under there with pipework already. And too late- gert 105mm hole in the wall above the tap end now, lost a tooth on the core drill so back to Screwfix (if I can find the receipt.......).

Nice to see that zone comment created some discussion with calm and intelligent comments :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back