Where's my stopcock gone?

Sponsored Links
If that is the incoming mains supply, then never in a million years has that been approved by the Water Company. Its nowhere near complying with Regs!

Thanks Hugh.

It is indeed the incoming mains supply. What is it that doesn't comply? I'd like to be armed with the info to get back to them on Monday if poss.

Inadequate frost protection for starters. As they've skimped on that, it would make me question what else they've not done to regs, underground pipe needs to be minimum 760mm deep for frost protection, and if you intend to bring supply up and through the wall externally, the Groundbreaker Insuduct is the correct method, the insulation on that is to the required standard to protect the pipe.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the house has wooden floors so it would have been possible to drill through from the trench for an underground entry. This would have been more work, and more disruption, but a proper job.

Replacement water supply pipes are supposed to be inspected by the water company or laid by one of their approved contractors. IME (not much) they are quite hot on correct depth.

Must agree - I would find it difficult to believe that the water transporter has OK'd the mains coming out of the ground like that.

A 25mm x 22mm MDPE stop tap could easily have been used in there too.

Is an isolation valve under the kitchen sink the same as an internal stop valve? I'm not sure if it just isolates the kitchen tap or the whole house?

Is an isolation valve under the kitchen sink the same as an internal stop valve? I'm not sure if it just isolates the kitchen tap or the whole house?
Ideally there would be an internal mains stop tap, invariably they are located in the space under the kitchen sink - usually looking like or similar to this -

51569_P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back