Which 55kw boiler? Keston or Veissmann

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

require a boiler for new installation of a large property. Been recommended Keston and Veissmann. Had a look and the KESTON C55 and Vitodens 200-W fit the bill.

What are opinions on both?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its like asking if you prefer to eat chalk or cheese.

Quite apart from the reliability the Viessmann has a five year warrantee if fitted by an approved installer. The Keston ???

Tony Glazier

I don't know alot about Viessman but I here good things. Keston on the other hand....well lets just say as primarily a service/repair engineer I should be thanking them for the many years of constant business :LOL: :LOL: I wouldn't wish a Keston on my worst enemy tbh. How they continue to develop such unreliable pieces of junk with ludicrously expensive spares is quite a mystery, but they do. :confused:

Sponsored Links
As above, Viessmann is a quality boiler, and Keston is a disaster waiting to happen.
Besides that, anyone offering Keston's should be viewed with suspicion.
Viessmann give a full 5 year warrantee, IF the installer is approved by them. You become an approved installer if you go to their course, and take the boiler to bits so you know how they stick together, what to do with them, and what not.
Viessmann do not require minimum numbers of turnover/installations like some manufacturers.

to be honest if a customer need that level of heating I would look to fit two smaller domestic boilers in to a low loss header.

a commercial 55kw viessmann 200w cant be cheap, would advice a customer away from it and look at domestic boiler options.

Kestons get a bad rep through being installed badly by domestic heating engineers that just don't get them.

Personally I'd stay away from the viesmann as I don't find their products or service on commercial boilers to be any good.

Boiler recomendations for that size output would be broag Quinta,strebel,or Vaillant Eco tec plus 65.

I look after a boiler house in London with 22 C55's!! by the time you have gone through them repairing & clearing endless fault codes, its time to start again endless trouble DO NOT BUY A KESTON :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back