Which app alert alarm that can power two bell boxes ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :),

Probably been answered a good few times, but can someone please recommend a good quality alarm that will send an alert to my phone if triggered, and can genuinely power two bell boxes ??

All the wiring is already in for the bell boxes, as are the wired PIR's and keypad. I don't want a wireless system.

And.....after doing a bit of research........I've read that powering two bell boxes is a difficult thing to do due to current drain, voltage, ampage, etc, ?? Is there an alarm that can genuinely power two bell boxes without a bit of jiggery-pokery to make it work ?? And if there isn't, why isn't there, when most properties have a front and a back to them where a bell box on show would be more of a deterrent ??

Look forward to your replies,
Graeme.
:)

Sponsored Links
For all my years at this I would say that most properties have one 'Bell' box & one or more Dummy boxs (looking exactly the same as the real one) fitted elsewhere on the property.

The noisy one nearest to the closet neighbours, the dummy/s anywhere you fancy.

You just set one to scb.....e.g. Pyronix delta bell or texecom ....slightly lower volume ..but not that noticeable...

You just set one to scb.....e.g. Pyronix delta bell or texecom ....slightly lower volume ..but not that noticeable...

I would like them both to operate on SAB, as you can't rely on bell box batteries to stay healthy after a few years use.

Sponsored Links
If that's what you want then you will required an additional power supply with battery back up. Bell boxes in SCB mode are fine. The difference in volume is negligible.

For all my years at this I would say that most properties have one 'Bell' box & one or more Dummy boxs (looking exactly the same as the real one) fitted elsewhere on the property.

The noisy one nearest to the closet neighbours, the dummy/s anywhere you fancy.

Yeah, I know this is the easy way out, but I want both bell boxes to work, and work on SAB :)

Unfortunately diyer's don't have the insite to install with the " jiggery-porkery" needed e.g. Use a expander output ...

Fit a master blaster
Your neighbours will love you.
Environmental health department will be on your case for noise pollution.

Unfortunately diyer's don't have the insite to install with the " jiggery-porkery" needed e.g. Use a expander output ...

I'm getting an engineer in to fit the alarm, I just wondered if the alarm companies had moved forward technically to power at least two bell boxes. It's soooo frustrating that they don't :(. I remember researching this years ago, and the same posts are still out there on the internet now !!

So I think that's my question answered about the bell boxes - thanks for taking the time to reply :).

Now.....on to alarms ?? Is there an alarm that stands out above the others as the best for sending alerts to a phone ??

Think you may find that ....years ago alarm panels had no issue running 2 bellboxes it's only as panels get smaller with smaller pcbs, surface mount components and so called energy efficient power supplies that it may be an issue

I'm getting an engineer in to fit the alarm, I just wondered if the alarm companies had moved forward technically to power at least two bell boxes. It's soooo frustrating that they don't :(. I remember researching this years ago, and the same posts are still out

If your concerned about current draw just fit an addition PSU or powered expander, job done.

I'm getting an engineer in to fit the alarm, I just wondered if the alarm companies had moved forward technically to power at least two bell boxes. It's soooo frustrating that they don't :(. I remember researching this years ago, and the same posts are still out there on the internet now !!

So I think that's my question answered about the bell boxes - thanks for taking the time to reply :).

Now.....on to alarms ?? Is there an alarm that stands out above the others as the best for sending alerts to a phone ??

What ever your installer is comfortable installing ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back