which bank?

Sponsored Links
I spent years (and 100's of £££££) with NatWest as a business customer, until I found out Nationwide (who I have a personal account with) would take me on as a Sole Trader FOC.

IIRC last time I saw a Which report, the bigger the bank, the worse the service.

there was a time when service depended on how good your Branch Manager was. I think those days have gone now.

I imagine you will want overdraft facility, low charges, internet banking, linked deposit account that pays a good rate on the money you've tucked away to give to the taxman. Possibly also "Quickpay" facilty so you can pay things you have forgotten about and avoid late payment charges.

cheers

theres 3 of us and we have already got sub-contract work but company wants us to come as a company instead of all being sole traders so just making enquiries to which bank or building society is best so thanks we will look at nationwide.

Sponsored Links
Abbey offers free business banking for life - so they say. Access on line or through hole in the wall only. Nightmare to set up as they cocked up royally but has worked well in practice so far. No charges and all I need as small business. If I needed finance I'd have to go elsewhere though. Horses for courses as ever.

Alliance & Leicester commercial: free banking, free online banking (plus all Post-offices handle A&L transactions)

Or Barclays: normal fees, but very good service

Back