business banking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After years with a Natwest business account and paying their extortionate charges I want to make the move to a different account. Have tried looking on the web and they all seem robbing bu--ers to me, but there must be one out there thats better than my present provider.

So the question is, who do you bank with, and are there any you'd recommend? Or indeed steer well clear of! :confused:

Sponsored Links
tell them your moving and see what they do. we always seem to manage extra free banking from that at some point. also worth looking at internet banking whoever you go with. we changed our tariff with natwest and do most of our payments etc by internet. saved us about £40 a month.

still robbing bastards though!

All of the main 4 banks are robbing bast ards. I'm with lloyds and it seems to cost me a fortune, but thaey are local and convenient to me.

Co-Op seem to do a good 'free' deal as long as you don't need an overdraft! Which I do :eek: :oops:

Halifax. Much better interest rates, and they give much more 'personal' banking

Sponsored Links
You don't need a business account if you are a sole trader. Just open a seperate normal account for business usage.

Thanks for your thoughts - we are actually a Ltd company, vat registered etc, so need to look at business banking. I'll get on the net again, or talk to our accountants - blimey they're expensive too..................

Why not try the Abbey - free business banking either online or through the hole in the wall - nothing over the counter. Set up was a nightmare but its run fine ever since - all the usual features but no fees as long as you stay in credit - charges not too bad if you don't.

Or Alliance & Leicester (free on-line banking, free cheque deposits etc - plus support your local Post Office in one go ;))

Dito the Abbey - I switched from the Natwest earlier in the year, and its saving me £30-£40 a month. Using the machines is no hardship, and the internet banking is good.

Although in your case as ltd company you need a business account it always amazes me how many sole taders pay business account charges instead of just using a curent account for free

Although in your case as ltd company you need a business account it always amazes me how many sole taders pay business account charges instead of just using a curent account for free
On that note: it still amazes me that Ltd companies pay high business account charges because they don't their homework properly: using internet payment (BAC's) instead of sending cheques - FREE, setting up a business account with a bank that doesn't charge you for depositing cheques etc.
Do a little homework (be it as Ltd or sole-trader) and reduce your bills, easy ;)

Sponsored Links
Back