Bank Charges.....they seem fair enough to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
No I don't, I pay the ACTUAL cost of the repair. It makes no difference what the body shop makes as they are a third party.

please explain how you work that out ?

you hit my car - I give you a price - you pay that price - I give it to the bodyshop so now your saying the actual cost includes profit if its a body shop but not if its a bank

you truely are mad

No I don't, I pay the ACTUAL cost of the repair. It makes no difference what the body shop makes as they are a third party.

you hit my car - I give you a price

No you don't. You obtain three competitive quotes from independent body shops. Now if those shops had formed a cartel (as have the banks) then they could charge whatever they liked. New bumper? £6000. You would then expect the OFT or the Monopolies commission to intervene.

It all comes to down to opinion in the end so there is no right or wrong.

In my opinion everyone should pay for their own banking.

In your opinion, the poor should pay for your banking.

If the banks form a cartel and attempt to fleece the public then the OFT should step in and challenge them in court. Oh that's already happening isn't it? Let's leave it to the courts then eh?

how have they formed a cartel when they all charge different prices?

Sponsored Links
how have they formed a cartel when they all charge different prices?

The charges vary very little. There are no banks charging no charges. It wouldn't have gone to court if it weren't unfair. Neither have any bank shown what the 'actual' charges are. sounds like a price fix to me.

you hit my car - I give you a price

No you don't. You obtain three competitive quotes from independent body shops. Now if those shops had formed a cartel (as have the banks) then they could charge whatever they liked. New bumper? £6000. You would then expect the OFT or the Monopolies commission to intervene.

you really that nieve ?

It all comes to down to opinion in the end so there is no right or wrong.

In my opinion everyone should pay for their own banking.

In your opinion, the poor should pay for your banking.

everyone does pay for their banking - you pay with charges for been overdrawn, I pay with less interest on my savings - if you dont understand that then your simply missguided in your thinking but if you did know that then your saying the rich should be punished just for been rich - used to know a man like that ROBIN HOOD

If the banks form a cartel and attempt to fleece the public then the OFT should step in and challenge them in court. Oh that's already happening isn't it? Let's leave it to the courts then eh?

you say fleece, I say do business - sort of shows everyones true colors then doesnt it - whats up Joe ? you got charged extra last month ?

Only went over once due to direct debits and they refunded that when I threatened to close my other accounts.

The point is that if they stop ripping off the poor then there isn't a problem is there? Let the user pay. If the gas companies got together and quadrupled their prices would you complain? How about petrol prices? How about bank charges? It's only business after all.

Only went over once due to direct debits and they refunded that when I threatened to close my other accounts.

The point is that if they stop ripping off the poor then there isn't a problem is there? Let the user pay. If the gas companies got together and quadrupled their prices would you complain? How about petrol prices? How about bank charges? It's only business after all.

you really are that nieve then.

gas companies - petrol firms - supermarkets are all allowed to make a profit but in the world of Joe banks are not, then in the next breath you say "its only BUSINESS after all..........."

make your mind up - poor people need food and water and heat but have to pay the market rate (for thats what this is all about ) they dont need a bank account (no really they dont if you think about the options) but you say they should get this for free

your missing some huge chunk of this but I cant see how anyone can explaine it to you in simpler terms

have a look in the local library (safer than the internet for people like you) for a dummys guide to economics

Tell that to the courts - they are arguing my case against yours - and my side is winning. So stop whining and say goodbye to free banking. Pay your own way for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back