which boiler is best for the job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello.
i am in the process of fitting a central heating system and have got tot the point where i now need to buy the boiler.
i'm going for a combi. i have a two bed two story house with 5 rads can any one sugest the power of the boiler i should get? i have read on line that a Worcester Greenstar Junior 24i NG Condensing Combi. some one also suggested to ge one with 31-37kw of power.

also i plan to take the flue vertically up through a flat roof has any one an oppinion on this

much appreciated

Sponsored Links
even the smallest combi will heat your house, it is the hot water demand that is important, how may people live in the house and what sort of water use is there going to be.

go for the biggest combi you can afford is a good rule of thumb. i like heat-lines for budget and viessmann for a bit up market, heatline do a nice 35kw combi with 14l/m dhw output at a good price.

the most important thing is to get it install well, do not cheap out on the installation as so any people do. paying money to a good tradesman is not a sin you know.

as for the flue, vertical should not be a problem for most combi's a long it meet the regs

paying money to a good tradesman is not a sin you know.

what a great way to put it mehran

If I was wearing a cap I would doff it to you

but I havent so I wont, as I will just look silly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back