Which Boiler should I go with.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son needs a new Heat only boiler and he has been given two choses by his installer.

It's between the Worcester 15RI or the Baxi 816.

I'd appreciate any help on which one to choose, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Baxi 816 good little boiler with ten year warranty and baxi rarely quibble or try and get out of repairs . worcesters marketing is better than their boilers but still not a bad little boiler . come down to price and warranty length

Sponsored Links
Baxi 816 good little boiler with ten year warranty and baxi rarely quibble or try and get out of repairs . worcesters marketing is better than their boilers but still not a bad little boiler . come down to price and warranty length
Thanks for that, the Worcester is £410 dearer because a five core cable needs to be run upstairs to the airing cupboard.

Of the two I'd take the Worcester, although in reality I wouldn't particularly want either of them. Baxi has terrible modulation of only 2:1 and is horribly expensive to repair once the warranty runs out. Plastic casing goes yellow over time.

15Ri has better modulation but is very dirt-sensitive, a pain to service, and only accepts on/off controls.

Does he actually need a 15kW boiler? Has a proper heat loss calculation been carried out?

Of the two I'd take the Worcester, although in reality I wouldn't particularly want either of them. Baxi has terrible modulation of only 2:1 and is horribly expensive to repair once the warranty runs out. Plastic casing goes yellow over time.

15Ri has better modulation but is very dirt-sensitive, a pain to service, and only accepts on/off controls.

Does he actually need a 15kW boiler? Has a proper heat loss calculation been carried out?
It's a fair size 4 bed detached house. The trouble is where the boiler is fitted it needs a rear exiting flue, do you know of any others that would be good to have?

Well that knocks the 15Ri out then as there's no rear flue option for that, it comes off the top. Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 412 or 415 can accept a rear flue and are decent boilers

Well that knocks the 15Ri out then as there's no rear flue option for that, it comes off the top. Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 412 or 415 can accept a rear flue and are decent boilers
I've asked my son and he was told 15Ri would still fit in the space, I'll ask him to investigate the Vaillant options, thanks for your help.

Im also looking for a heatonly - Why go for baxi? My choices were all of them and I shortlisted a viessman 100 or a intergas OV so what is the reason you are choosing something else

Im also looking for a heatonly - Why go for baxi? My choices were all of them and I shortlisted a viessman 100 or a intergas OV so what is the reason you are choosing something else
They've said they need a rear flue, which isn't available from Viessmann or Intergas

good luck getting parts easily for the viesmann when it goes wrong

good luck getting parts easily for the viesmann when it goes wrong
Would Intergas be much better / quicker? I realise the two I picked are more quirky and less popular

However the Baxi and valiant boilers have equally bad response / reliability times

Would Intergas be much better / quicker? I realise the two I picked are more quirky and less popular

However the Baxi and valiant boilers have equally bad response / reliability times
Baxi certainly do not have bad response times if it was to need a warranty call they would be out same or next day if i called them and once out of warranty parts are available in majority of merchants off the shelf or next day Vaillant much the same in response times .
Intergas spares are not widely stocked either and usually need ordered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back