Which Boiler should I go with.

Im also looking for a heatonly - Why go for baxi? My choices were all of them and I shortlisted a viessman 100 or a intergas OV so what is the reason you are choosing something else
It's just the two options he was given by the installer.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Know what? Have you got a Rinnai system?
the exact same as described. Just finishing second winter with it. Gas consumption fell by 66% year 1 (against old baxi) and its down a further 22% on last year (tweaked the system)
Hot water controllers in the bath rooms and kitchen mean you select the water temp you want then just turn on, no mixing down, constant temp through the shower or bath.
4 controllers on a single connection to the boiler.
IoT controller (standard) has every feature of every product and protocol on the market.
The IoT controller (can be located anywhere in the property) talks to you with information and data

Just finishing second winter with it. Gas consumption fell by 66% year 1 (against old baxi) and its down a further 22% on last year (tweaked the system)
If you saved that much the previous set-up must have been in a bad way. I still wouldn't have a combi.

the exact same as described. Just finishing second winter with it. Gas consumption fell by 66% year 1 (against old baxi) and its down a further 22% on last year (tweaked the system)
Hot water controllers in the bath rooms and kitchen mean you select the water temp you want then just turn on, no mixing down, constant temp through the shower or bath.
4 controllers on a single connection to the boiler.
IoT controller (standard) has every feature of every product and protocol on the market.
The IoT controller (can be located anywhere in the property) talks to you with information and data
Interesting. So the boiler can supply different hot water temps at different outlets, e.g., a shower and kitchen washing dishes at the same time? How does it do that?

Interesting. So the boiler can supply different hot water temps at different outlets, e.g., a shower and kitchen washing dishes at the same time? How does it do that?
where do I state "at the same time" or perhaps "concurrently" or are you so bored or perhaps so anal retentive that you need to occupy you mind with meaningless trivia....although I can't exclude super IQ so I might not be able to comprehend your superior intellect...which is it?

It was a genuine question as your explanation gave me that impression, hence my question to help me (and others) understand. That's how a public forum works, or life in general, we ask questions when we want to know more or are not sure.

I did have a quick google last night and the boiler can only supply a fixed dhw temp at any one time.

Oh, and you don't know me, so please keep insults to yourself.

Trust pilot review scores

Intergas 4.3
Baxi 4.4
Viessmann 4.1
Ideal 4.8
Vokera 4.2
Vaillant 4.5
Worcester 4.6
Rinnai 0.0
Can you explain a bit more please? I looked up Trustpilot and got a different list, but it wasn't clear what the basis was. Also Rinnai didn't appear.

I work for Vokera and keep an eye on feedback to the review site. If you ask me if it reflects reality I'd have to write, spasmodically.

These are customer reviews, some manufacturers ask their installers to review on them. Some manufacturers ask the end user to place a review if they're pleased with the service etc.

Recently due to material or staff shortages and phone delays some manufacturers get poorer reviews so that is not an indication of the product but the service.

In the coldest weather some customers will have suffered with frozen condensate, not a fault of the boiler but of the installation but the product gets a poor review because it's the name the customer sees when they're cold, not because its a result of them going for the cheapest installation price.

We got a stinker score some time ago because twice our engineer would not go into the property due to infestation. We get 1 star and it affects the overall score.

It's information to be taken into account or ignored.

I work for Vokera and keep an eye on feedback to the review site. If you ask me if it reflects reality I'd have to write, spasmodically.

These are customer reviews, some manufacturers ask their installers to review on them. Some manufacturers ask the end user to place a review if they're pleased with the service etc.

Recently due to material or staff shortages and phone delays some manufacturers get poorer reviews so that is not an indication of the product but the service.

In the coldest weather some customers will have suffered with frozen condensate, not a fault of the boiler but of the installation but the product gets a poor review because it's the name the customer sees when they're cold, not because its a result of them going for the cheapest installation price.

We got a stinker score some time ago because twice our engineer would not go into the property due to infestation. We get 1 star and it affects the overall score.

It's information to be taken into account or ignored.
OK but where does Trustpilot come into it? Are the scores out of 5 for overall customer's impression of the boiler? How can I access the review site?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back