Which Boiler would you recommend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a flat which was a repossession and the last owner has taken out the heating system. All that remains is the copper piping and one radiator! As I'm renting it out, I'm not looking for anything fancy but on the same note I'm not looking for something which is likely to break down after its warranty has run out! The flat has 3 bedrooms and the boiler would have to run approx 7 radiators and the hot water. It has an electric shower and also a bath.
The Monza 28kw (from B & Q) is made by Heatline which has now been taken over by Valliant and I've heard that the Monza has some good parts installed in it. I was also thinking about an Ideal Logic.
I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on these boilers or anything else
which you would recommend.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm not looking for anything fancy but on the same note I'm not looking for something which is likely to break down after its warranty has run out!.

If it didn't there wouldn't be an industry left. The manufacture, sale and installation of gas boilers can no longer be supported if they don't break down. Many brands profit mainly from spares sales. Large organisations likewise from service/repair/insurance revenue over installation activity.

Yea, it's a sad fact of the times eh - is anything ever built to last these days??!!! - However, its a big investment and like anything else you do want it to last. I have read quite a bit on this forum and to be honest there are differing opinions on boilers but all state the same thing - it's down to the first time installation being done properly with power flushing, etc. In can see its all just a lucky bag these days - sadly!!!

Yea, it's a sad fact of the times eh - is anything ever built to last these days??!!! - However, its a big investment and like anything else you do want it to last.

On the contrary it's not a big investment. Budget combi boilers, plastic pipe & cheap labour makes the supply & installation of gas central heating cheaper than ever. The old stuff did last but I worked on systems in the 70's that would cost you more than today. And I mean more ££££ even before you allow for inflation.

Sponsored Links
What a bleak view of things you guys have!

There are excellent boilers out there.

I still think £1500+ is a sound investment for something which I would hope is going to last longer than a year. While I agree with you that many things are not so pricey nowadays (I remember buying my first video for £600+in the 80's which still works to this day!!!!) - I'm not sure about the cheap labour part - is there any such thing?

Thanks for that MysteryMan - I hope there is too - thats all I'm looking for, a good reliable boiler - what would you recommend???!!!!!!

Hi,

A couple of weeks back I had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed. It started off working well however its now started to regularly have the F2 issue. Which I think is something to do with the start up?

Thanks in Advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back