Which camp are you in?

To be fair I do agree that governments have jumped on the bandwagon and to be seen to be doing something have brought in extra taxes which in many ways is a very crude tool.
What is really needed is the adoption of TEQ's ( http://www.teqs.net/ ) or tradeable energy quotas which is a much better way of doing things. However, as it is in effect a gloryfied rationing system no party would get elected with a promise of rationing. The masses wouldn't like the idea of being told how much they can burn and big business would be out to scupper what to them would be a ceiling on what they could sell.
Logically the idea could be extended to say fats , sugar and booze and we could all be living in a clean world with no obesity or alcohol related problems. Ain't going to happen though, modern life is geared around endless consumption.
Climate change , either agreement or denial is in a way closely related to religion as it is all a matter of faith. We have to believe there is a god in the same way we have to believe either way with the envoiroment. To do a proper scientific test we'd need more than one earth as all testing should have a control subject which is of course in this case impossible.

Sponsored Links
I'm convinced that "Climate Change is a natural phenomenon.

Would you like to tell us why you think that? It sounds more like a 'belief', a 'faith'. I guess you must believe in God then? :confused:

There is one group in here that swears by science. There is no God. The Universe came into being by gravitational forces. We have a group of scientists and their supporters that swear by it.We'll call this group Group A.

The other group says that everything must have come from somewhere, and something must have acted to make the nothing something. We call that something God. We'll call this group group B.
That's not really the difference.

If you are satisfied to call whatever brought the universe into being (no one really knows) God, then that could apply to A or B.

According to your statements, in A gravity could be called God; in B something else could be called God.

The trouble with creationists is that they think there is an omnipotent, infallible being who made everything and no argument, no matter how logical, will convince them otherwise.

There would be no difficulty at all for such a being to prove her existence but, no, she leaves it up to the individual to believe or not - how convenient.

However, should some scientific fact be proved absolutely so that even the creationists accept it, they merely change the rules to cover this.

Then it is always those who 'believe' who persecute those who don't even though it is against their own rules; never the other way round.

Religions are just invented means to control the population.
You will note that those in charge of this means all seem to live in luxury paid for by all the others.
The Normans introduced Christian feudalism to Britain which persists to this day.
It is very gradually being rejected by those who can think for themselves but in its time was just as vicious and barbaric as another religion still is.

Romans 1:20
New Living Translation (NLT)
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

according to Gods word we are whithout excuse, God could show him self, in fact he will, very soon,every eye will see him.
this is your time to take ,consider his offer,of being reconciled to him,
through Jesus, paid the price of our sin,so we could be forgiven, and brought back to God in fellowship,reletionship again. GOD LOVES US ALL

advice you research,or simply ask God your self. if you sincerly ask, he will answer, if you dare, be warned it will change your life for the better,infact you will be amazed.

people are brainwashed in to this greenhouse con.thats a fraud.

Sponsored Links
I'm convinced that "Climate Change is a natural phenomenon.

Would you like to tell us why you think that? It sounds more like a 'belief', a 'faith'. I guess you must believe in God then? :confused:

Being convinced about something has nothing to do with faith in a religious sense. You should know that Joe. Even atheists believe in many things (love for instance)
As for Climate Change, it doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to believe it isn't as bad as the scientific community make out. Governments throw money at them to "prove" the case. If they can't, the money dries up. Therefore it follows (logically) that the scientists will do all they can to please the moneymasters.
Say for instance someone asked you to make them a guitar, with a neck 4" thick and 6" across (almost impossible to play), but that same person said they'd pay you £10,000 for such an instrument, you'd make them the guitar, just for the money (not for the experience of producing such an outlandish creation) Or would you walk away from such a lucrative deal telling them it would look and play like a piece of rubbish? ( I only use this analogy as I know you assemble guitars) ;)

You are obviously an uneducated man. Science doesn't work like that. My daughter is doing a PhD and isn't swung by any sort of policy. You really don't know why you believe what you believe other than the you WANT to believe it because it is trendy to do so. Do you believe scientists when they tell you what happened at the beginning of time (where there is no proof)? Then why won't you believe science of today re climate change when there is LOADS of proof to what is causing it? Do you believe in science? YES OR NO? :confused:

Joe, why does almost every thread on here, get turned into a religious discussion, (esp about the beginning of the universe? Something I don't believe science/religion will ever explain ) Are you some sort of religious nut (like Norcon and Mike from London) You are one of these people who use semantics to change what people write down (example, I believe in something, ergo I must be religious :rolleyes: ) What I believe in is something personal to me. I am free to make my own mind up about the world, politics, religion and everything.
Just because 95% of people believe something, doesn't make that belief true.
There's only one unmistakeable truth/fact in life and that's one day we'll die. Everything else in between is open to interpretation.

I notice your daughter is studying for a Phd,, Ask her, does she believe everything her uni professors taught her, or does she question everything?

I am free to make my own mind up about the world, politics, religion and everything.

Not when Islam rules your world.

Are you some sort of religious nut (like Norcon

As for that comment how do you come to that conclusion?

I am free to make my own mind up about the world, politics, religion and everything.

Not when Islam rules your world.

Although I believe that is inevitable, the way things are going, I don't think it will happen until I'm in my box.

It's the children I feel sorry for.

Joe, why does almost every thread on here, get turned into a religious discussion, (esp about the beginning of the universe? Something I don't believe science/religion will ever explain ) Are you some sort of religious nut (like Norcon and Mike from London) You are one of these people who use semantics to change what people write down (example, I believe in something, ergo I must be religious :rolleyes: ) What I believe in is something personal to me. I am free to make my own mind up about the world, politics, religion and everything.
Just because 95% of people believe something, doesn't make that belief true.
There's only one unmistakeable truth/fact in life and that's one day we'll die. Everything else in between is open to interpretation.

I notice your daughter is studying for a Phd,, Ask her, does she believe everything her uni professors taught her, or does she question everything?

Well actually I started this thread as a religion v science thread so it's hardly surprising that religion crops up in it is it? :confused:

You don't realise it but you are a 'Bandwagon-billy'.

"Oh atheism that sounds grand"

"Oh anti climate change that sounds clever".

Now do you believe in science or don't you?

If you do then you must believe in climate change. If you don't - then tell me why you don't.

If you don't believe in science then you must believe in religion.

If you believe in neither then you are a ****** incapable of thought.

Oh, I'm a Bandwagon Billy now . Why? because I disagree with the scientists who claim we're almost certainly the cause of climate change? If I were to join the bandwagon, I think I should be agreeing with them.
Has it never crossed your small mind that people have their own views (which I might add, don't have to conform to yours) ? Aye Joe, yer a strange one, thinking people have to have polarised views (which either coincide nicely with your view of the world, or are completely opposite) I have my own views on many subjects Joe (as I'm sure you do) There may well be things we actually agree on. But to claim people are either Scientists, or Religious (and if they're not they are retarded) is neither clever nor funny
and before ye start again I'll quote the relevant statement you made.
(just so there's no confusion. ;)

Oh, I'm a Bandwagon Billy now . Why? because I disagree with the scientists who claim we're almost certainly the cause of climate change? If I were to join the bandwagon, I think I should be agreeing with them.
Has it never crossed your small mind that people have their own views (which I might add, don't have to conform to yours) ? Aye Joe, yer a strange one, thinking people have to have polarised views (which either coincide nicely with your view of the world, or are completely opposite) I have my own views on many subjects Joe (as I'm sure you do) There may well be things we actually agree on. But to claim people are either Scientists, or Religious (and if they're not they are retarded) is neither clever nor funny
and before ye start again I'll quote the relevant statement you made.
(just so there's no confusion. ;)

So why do you believe that climate change isn't man-made? Why are scientists lying about climate change but not about the beginning of the universe? It's YOU that is the strange one. Do you believe in science or not? If you do - then why do you disbelieve in climate change? You are pretty odd mate.

Scientists investigate to find out how everything works.
At first there are theories which fit in with what appears to be happening.
Then there are hypotheses about how it got to where it is.

As for the beginning and life of the universe there are several theories which have been changed or updated to explain, after later discoveries, how it got to be as it is now. Inflation, however implausible, being the most convenient to explain the temperature and how the farthest observable objects have had time to get to where they are.
Still, though, no one knows.

So, until it is definitively explained with absolute certainty then scientists are not much different than creationists except for the fact that scientists will keep looking until the truth is found instead of blindly believing that 'someone' made it one week about six thousand years ago - only thirteen and a half billion out.

I believe the the new Pope has just arranged forgiveness for Galileo after his 'heresy' in discovering, though being afraid to say for fear of 'the Church', that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

I presume everyone now believes Galileo.

Sponsored Links
Back