Which cctv

Utter nonsense. You can’t say both are the same. The advantages of IP cams let alone quality are in a different league.

The only time one should be installing coax cams is when the existing system is coax.
If you want to stay in the past then do so. When you are installing that DVR, make sure you have a crt screen to go with it.

It’s how cctv installers make more profit if you quoted £1500 for POE most unknowing people would say f**k that. If you quote £600 for a coax setup it sounds a lot better.

While some of the coax systems are good and do come close to the lower end POE stuff I would never recommend coax unless you really don’t want to spend a lot, don’t want to future proof your setup and don’t really care all that much about superb quality.

Sponsored Links
Exactly.

The OP wants a cctv setup and it would be stupid for me to recommend coax setup. IP cams are cheap and you don’t need an NVR. You can use an SDCard in each of the cams instead.

Ohhhhh latency lag ....never seen that over coax ....someone brainwashed you ..mmmm why would they invest in 8mp tvi

A good camera that’s not correctly speced for the job is a waste of time and effort.

A bad camera installed well can look better than a good camera badly installed.

Not understanding adjustments that can be made in the cameras settings can see some great cameras with some really poor pictures.

It’s fair to say why would a company make investiment in certain technologies if they were obsolete.

Just because a camera has the similar components doesn’t mean they perform the same, indeed you can have a camera that looks better on one tv/monitor than another tv/monitor and that could be the issue with how the tv/ monitor handles the image same can be said about nvr sand what They can handle.

Sponsored Links
The OP wants a cctv setup and it would be stupid for me to recommend coax setup. IP cams are cheap and you don’t need an NVR. You can use an SDCard in each of the cams instead.
If you don't mind climbing up a ladder to retrieve a recording.

Sally you can acess the sd cards remotely usually, but storage becomes an issue.

128gb sd card is going to hold how much data when I mean data how many frames of what resolution before it’s full. How many hours, days does that work out at?

I would only recommend sd card storage as a back up for specific events rather than your main storage option for cctv.

They hold quite a bit. If you are robbed, you won’t be waiting a week before checking the footage put it like that.

They hold quite a bit. If you are robbed, you won’t be waiting a week before checking the footage put it like that.

You could be sat on a beach on the other side of the world for 2 or 3 weeks.

I’ve installed / upgraded a number of systems with Hikvision DS-72** HUHI K1 DVR’s and 5mp TVI cameras with excellent results.
Some I have reused the existing coax and when adding new cameras I have run cat5e and used baluns.

wow you must have really good broadband "UPLOAD" speed.
to upload quality images videos as most people don't have broadband capable of handling decent upload speeds.

That's changing though.

As for download speed on the beach that will depend on your mobile device/ dongle or wifi if available.

Agreed if you know you know you have been broken into you would be checking the footage straight away.
That said on the day of the breakin theres a fair chance they have their faces covered, but when they did the initial reckie they probably wouldn't have and that can be a few weeks before hand.

I go back to you must get the correctly specified cameras for the location and what you want them to be able to do.

As securiam says, you need recordings for a longer period than just covering a breakin. I have six 3Mp cameras and one 8Mp, each chosen for a specific coverage area. Two record continuously, the others on motion.
On a 4TB disk the recordings overwrite after about 16 days, which is just about adequate.
The NVR is of course carefully hidden.

I'll stick with the Unifi's thanks. The idea that the picture quality is inferior isn't borne out by the evidence of our own eyes and the lack of coax means we only have to run a cable to one of the 25 odd edge switches we have around the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back