Which face of Aquapanel Interior boards faces out (takes the tiles) ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One side is rough, the other is smooth, with the brand name, batch No. printed on.

I've put up stud to enclose a new bath on 3 sides, time to put the Knauf boards on.

The obvs is that the rough face will grip the cls better.

So which face takes the tiles?

Sponsored Links
Is 12mm Aquapanel strong enough to site over joists instead of floorboards? I assume it is, just checking!
Thinking if I use 12mm Aquapanel + tiles it might come out about the same as 20mm floorboards + laminate in the hall next to the bathroom.

Is 12mm Aquapanel strong enough to site over joists instead of floorboards? I assume it is, just checking!
Thinking if I use 12mm Aquapanel + tiles it might come out about the same as 20mm floorboards + laminate in the hall next to the bathroom.

Not really my area of knowledge, but I really wouldn't have thought so, it's just a cement board.

Sponsored Links

I don't think Aquapanels are designed for that sort of weight, I think they might crack in that scenario even if you got the top of joists all at the same level

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back