Which heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up this morning and a Dimplex oil filled radiator we had in the bedroom has decided to stop heating up. Lights are all on and if I move the dial to frost setting I can hear the 'stat clicking in and out.

I was going to test it again tonight and seen a few items about fixing them (not sure if this is possible) but in the meantime, looking for alternatives.

I understand a convector heater is quicker to warm up (we do have one of these as well) but it's nice to be able to warm clothes and I'm guessing this is a no-no with convector's. Have seen a ceramic one which I've read warms up quick, but don't know if it's safe to cover these as well.

Can someone advise please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only type of heater suitable for covering as you suggest is an oil filled panel radiator, which to all intents and purposes mimics the function of a water rad.

An alternative to oil filled is a standard water filled rad with an immersion element (some makes produce these).

Chances are the element on your dimplex has gone, if its one of the old ones with a separate control box you can still get elements from Wellco but fitting them is something that has to be done with care or else you can end up with 2 gallon of sunflower oil on the carpet :mrgreen:

Nope it's a pretty new one, with electronic timer on ths side. Not sure on exact model but looks like the Dimplex OFC2000TI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back