Which is best grand copper pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to do some piping for a thermostatic shower, and I am planning to use copper as the pipework will be in the stud wall.

i started-out looking for WRAS approved pipe, but I couldn’t find any and so perhaps that is only relevant to fittings!? EN 1057 seems to be the specification to go for instead and most places only stock Wednesbury at 0.7mm. I did find Lawson pipe at Wolseley, but not sure if that is any different as it has the same specification. Online you can get Yorkshire pipe, but I would have to buy far more than I need and it would likely arrive bashed in.

Any plumbers out there able to advise? TIA

Sponsored Links
Yup, +1

Don't worry about it, most if not all copper in the UK is manufactured to BSEN1057, Just buy from a reputable retailer.

Sponsored Links
1. The UK standard for half-hard 15 mm copper tubing is 15 mm outside diameter, 0.7 mm wall thickness, so 13.6 mm inside diameter.
2. I've always found Wednesbury tubing fine to work with, while some "unbranded" stuff seems harder and doesn't bend so well.

1. The UK standard for half-hard 15 mm copper tubing is 15 mm outside diameter, 0.7 mm wall thickness, so 13.6 mm inside diameter.
2. I've always found Wednesbury tubing fine to work with, while some "unbranded" stuff seems harder and doesn't bend so well.
Useful to know. I looked at some of the reviews for Wednesbury and a fair few commented on problems with ripples. Having said that, the vast majority were happy with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back