Which is best quote to go for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 3 quotes for a replacement boiler and would appreciate your thoughts on best to go for either in terms of boiler or how they propse to clean the system. My present system is 12 years old but I know it contains black almost oily water.

1. Providing a Worcester Bosch si30, including power flush. Will run condensate pipe into sink waste.
2. Will provide a Valliant pro28 or Valliant 831 and said he would flush the system 3 times and add inhibitor. Happy to run condensate pipe into sink waste or along back of units leaving house about 75cm above drain.
3. Will provide a Worcester Bosh si30 or cdi, do power flush and add some sort of inhibitor can to system. Will run condensate pipe in sink waste.

As the condensate pipe will have to run along an exposed north elevation that is why I've ask about routing it as much as poss in house. All have carried work locally, come recommended and all quotes are cheaper than I thought so it's down to a female with no idea making a decision! All are trying to keep condensate pipe in house as much as poss to avoid risk of freezing in winter.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply: The quotes are as follows:

1. £1900 (one recommendation but has done a lot locally)
2. £1700 and £1775 (I have two glowing recommendations for this one)
3. £2000 (I have three recommendations for this one)

I know quotes in this area are anything from £1800 - £3600 for siting a boiler in the same location.

Id want the vailant over the worcester.

Does the system NEED a powerflush? If the water quality isnt too bad a hot and cold flush then inhibitor added plus a filter wold suffice.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies (so far). Glad to know Valliant are very favourable. The system is only 12 years old, but does have black almost oily water in it so happy to have some sort of flush/clean.

Kevandgas - looking at your footnote about an Ideal, there is no way I am going for one - we have an Ideal Response 100 sat on the wall that our regular engineer has wiped his hands of and Ideal won't look at. To go with that seven break downs in 12 years (I know it happens sometimes, but seems a bit excessive to me).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back