Which Is Best Sentinel X200 Or Fernox Silencer ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy one of the above products. Does anyone recommend one product over the other ?

Also, I've read that the easiest way to apply the liquid into the system is via the F & E tank. Am I correct in assuming you have to drain a certain amount from the system first ? If so, after refilling will the radiators require bleeding ?

Thanx

Sponsored Links
its a personal thing really i prefer sentinel x200 :confused:
expect it to take at least a month to start working though ;)
and yes you need to put it in header tank turn water off to header then drain a couple of buckets off to get it into the system cos it wont do alot sat in your header tank ;)

Or squirt it up a drain cock, saves having have to go in the loft.

gazthepottertonengineer said:
and yes you need to put it in header tank turn water off to header then drain a couple of buckets off to get it into the system cos it wont do alot sat in your header tank ;)
Well I prefer the Fernox silencer :LOL: It`s succesfully silenced 3 noisy old cast iron boilers for me ;)

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
gazthepottertonengineer said:
Well I prefer the Fernox silencer :LOL: It`s succesfully silenced 3 noisy old cast iron boilers for me ;)

See thats wot i mean personal thing !

X200 has sorted many netaheats and kingfishers out for me which are 30 years plus :D just dont expect it to work over night ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back