Which is the best exterior paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
Anyone in the business have any tips on which is the best quality exterior paint, i live on a busy road and i have a gable end that gets very dirty, i want to go for a Country Cream colour and so hopefully can find a paint that cleans well when it rains.

Also have to take in to concideraton anti fungal and non peeling etc.
the walls have a terolyne covering.

So any tips would be great.
Thanks OJ :D

Sponsored Links
Iwork for Johnstones paint and were getting very good feedback from contractors who have used it! Goes on easy, and it really does work. It can be tinted but in pastel colours only. Off the shelf are b/w and magnolia.

Sponsored Links
I still prefer, and use on my own house, Dulux All seasons weather shield. Its oil based and is rain proof in 15 minutes. Has a sheen to it but this helps keep the muck off. ;)

Crown or Johnstones for me..I hate dulux weathersheild waterbased..it poor opacity and a bit on the thin side in general...however I agree with robbie about the all seasons..very good gear.

Oil based masonry paint is just pliolite in leyland and johnstones. It dries in 20minites and has all year round application!! For what ur asking i think self clean masonry will be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back