Which Macerator Pump to buy????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Installing a downstairs cloakroom and have spent many hours on the internet researching macerator pumps. We have come to the decision that we don't need a very small outlet pipe so are going to avoid the very expensive Saniflo systems. I have seen the 3 way Hydrolux Combi Ultraflow Macerator Pump for a relatively cheap price of £154, has anyone ever installed one of these, and if so are they any good????

Kindest Regards

Jenny

Sponsored Links
Not an expert, but have a good hard look at the Wickes ones. They used to be Saniflow ones in drag, and loads cheaper.

IMO the best macerator is no macerator at all.

A standard 4" soil pipe connection is far superior - less prone to blockages, no moving parts, no electrical connection.

It just needs access to a good supply of gravity to work efficiently, and there's no shortage of that - people can even afford to leave it switched on when they go on holiday.

I appreciate there are situations where there are no alternatives to a macerator, but to me, it really is a solution of last resort.

don't mention the Hydrolux Combi Ultraflow.

fitted one of them for a friend a few weeks ago.
leaked on first use
after alot of arguing and wasted time due to they will only answer you through email and put every fault down to the install we finally got a new one sent to us.
after stripping the old one down to find two screws missing on the pump
so much for an install fault.

pay the extra and get a descent make least with saniflo you get tech help
and better back up service.

Sponsored Links
Revolting things!
Dont go there.
Dont call me when it goes wrong, which will be often.

don't mention the Hydrolux Combi Ultraflow.

fitted one of them for a friend a few weeks ago.
leaked on first use
after alot of arguing and wasted time due to they will only answer you through email and put every fault down to the install we finally got a new one sent to us.
after stripping the old one down to find two screws missing on the pump
so much for an install fault.

pay the extra and get a descent make least with saniflo you get tech help
and better back up service.

Oh my god! Just bought one online this morning from www.plumbworld.co.uk, feel really sick now! We steered clear from the Saniflo, not because of the money but my husband was sure it would go wrong due to the small pipe, and as we didn't particulary need a small pipe we decided to go for a macerator with a larger pipe. Grundfos didn't seem very powerful, when we compared the technical info and Sanisplit seemed rather expensive for what it was. This has 3 outlets/inlets and so we thought of using the extra one (after toilet and basin were fitted) for the washing machine, thought this would help flush the unit clean - nice washing powder fraganced water! Now that you have fitted it, have there been any problems?

Kindest Regards
Jenny

saniflo don't have to use small pipe can use 32/40mm.

plumbworlds where he got this from ebay store.
wasn't to bad once i changed it to the new one it's working fine.

i just don't like a service that can only be done through email but did get a phone number in the end.
and i don't like snotty people telling me it's an install fault when they haven't even seen it.
but soon changed their minds when they got a snotty email with pic's.

ps the sanisplit uses the same pipe as the one you just brought 32/40mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back