Which? Magazine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which? have this month reported top boiler brands as Vaillant / Worcester Boch / Viessmann as the top three.
Is that the general consensus of those who work on them?
Cheers All

Sponsored Links
Nope.

There's something very odd going on with the ratings. Glow-worm are rated much lower than Vaillant, yet they're made in the same factory by the same people. Some are even the same boilers. The warranties are looked after by the same people. Similarly, Main are ranked much lower than Baxi, yet they really are the same boilers with a different badge on the front. Intergas boilers get a low engineer's score for ease of maintenance, yet they're the very easiest boiler on the market to work on - the casing can be stripped of every single maintenance component in under 15 minutes - and in my experience they're extremely reliable. They've won a great many awards in their native Holland, and one here too

There are many rumours flying around from reliable sources of underhand practises at the magazine, and suggestions they aren't as impartial as they might appear.

nope Which magazine is just an advertising con
Hear hear.

I used to take Which? quite a long time ago, but found I no longer needed it as there are plenty of other review sites online.

I don't even bother to look at Which? online now, because unless you pay for it, you don't get to see any real information. As you say, it's an advertising con these days.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back