Which mid-hi end Mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The DW718 you link to is a 12in saw. On paper you might think they're better, but in actual use the 10in DW717 is noticeably more accurate, not to mention easier to move around (smaller/lighter)

The KGS216 is an 8in saw, and whilst it is unusual amongst 8inchers in being a double bevel saw, it ain't a 10in saw. For that look at the KGS254.

You know, trying to compare apples and oranges on price is a bit of a non-starter. Why not try to define your requirements THEN look at saws which match that specification AND come within your budget?

I've got a Makita LS1013 and I'd highly recommend one.
I'll second that. Good saw, if a bit ong in the tooth (and a favourite of plant hire firms). It's being replaced by the LS1016 - more expensive, and the LS1018 - lower cost, Chinese build. Not sure which I'd go for if push came to shove.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks so far guys,

I have a Macallister sliding mitre saw at hte moment. Had it about 6 years, changed the blade to give it a new lease of life. It custs up to 305mm at 90°. I've used it for everything including laminate floor boards (which is why i ended up changin the blade).

It only cost £!45, it's certainly paid for itself, but there are some angles that are aren't 'true', so its not terribly accurate now. It aint double bevel and that's a right ball-ache when trying to cut shaped architrave/skirting/dado's etc.

So, 10" would be fine, needs to be double-bevelled and after plenty of reading it seems to get a saw that's accurate on both bevels then you need to pay for a quality brand like Dewalt, Bosch, Makita or Metabo.
I have £500 to spend, would like to get the right saw for less if possible, but i may only have this money once so don't want to regret going cheaper now, knowing that i won't have the money to get a better one in a couple of years time if what i've bought aint good enough, if that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back