Which MK faceplates would these fit in

haha, ive only been in twice. Once for some trough lights which as you have pointed were overly priced big time.

Second time round went to check if they did Cat5e cable but on both occasions didnt buy surprise suprise

Sponsored Links
Hi RF, bad news, i went into Edmundson, they had the faceplates but the problem is the openings are way too big compared to my inserts.

My inserts are 45mm x just over 20mm

Im really stressed now, need a logic plus to which these modules can fit. Furthermore is it possible to buy just the inserts i.e. without the keystone jacks on the back to which i can add mine to?

Also just spoke to a guy from MK and they tell me they do a screened module, a k5845s

Frigging clown previously said they dont do them

RF do you know where i can get these from at a reasonable price furthermore do you know where i can get some form of adaptor to make the current ones fit

Sponsored Links
MK don't agree.

So it's pay up or use a different make.

Just a question of mind over matter.

They don't mind, and you don't matter.

Fair point but do you know of any other brand that does screened rj45 modules 50x25mm for a lower price than the MK equivalent

Not really - i.e. I've never researched prices and I've never seen any for a lot less.

You could ask here, but basically whether you think that £1-2 is all that you should pay is utterly irrelevant - if they actually cost £5-6 and you need them then £5-6 is what you will have to pay.

When I was looking for the faceplates for my home network I found the same thing. I couldn't get the MK modules for less than £6 and I needed 24.

In the end I went for RJ45 keystone jacks and dual shuttered faceplates which worked out alot cheaper. I used ones made by Philex.

Philex has a 50x25mm RJ45 module: http://www.philex.com/parts/show/70402RE

Thanks for the reply Nick but as B-A-S has said, im after shielded ones

Even if i could get a 50x25 modular to which my keystone jacks fit i would be happy but again dont know where to get them from

B-A-S did you not once tell me there were some adaptors you can buy too?

thanks

Right i was just thinking, another way of putting it.

since my modules can be split ie. the keystone jacks can be separated from the modular. Is there anything made by MK to which the keystone jacks can be clipped onto. Even if it is a faceplate made with shutter doors already in place to which the keystones can be clipped into the back of

B-A-S did you not once tell me there were some adaptors you can buy too?
Err - dunno - what sort of adapters? Adapting from what to what?

Basically if i were to buy them I would be paying around 60-70 quid. Id rather have some free, what you think ;)
I think you're in danger of spending too much time and effort on all of this to save what will probably end up being about £30-40. Either stick with the existing faceplates and accept that they won't match the MK ones, or buy the MK modules and move on.

Why do you need screened anyway?

reason for needing screened is that i have the cat5e ftp cable running alongside the mains power cable hence to reduce interference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back